First Review by Aud

A great find with long hours - Edit

It's so hard to find Vegan friendly options open long hours when traveling.. it seems they all take lunch breaks themselves and go home early. This India/Nepalese place was great. The staff was very friendly and helped me find the vegan options since it is not clear on the menu. She knew the answers to all my questions and my meal was delicious and options for my meat eating friend. It was a bit more oil than I like, but I ate a lot!

Pros: Friendly and Helpful Staff, Delicious food

Cons: oily

A Jewel for Vegetarians - Edit

Indian restaurants, in general, are a vegetarian haven if you want to dine with meat-eating friends so everyone can get something they are happy with. I have visited Diwali on many occasions and have only ever had good experiences. There are plenty of vegetarian dishes available and the staff are really friendly and accommodating. It is a really great value restaurant. If you would prefer a different veggie dish on the Early Bird menu to what is on offer, my experience is that they are happy to accommodate an alternative. Note that starters can be deep fried in the same oil as fish products, etc. as in most restaurants but again, in my experience, they will pan-fry for you if you bring to their attention that you are a strict vegetarian.

If you phone ahead, they are happy for you to bring your own veggie/vegan friendly wine for a small corkage fee (as they have no official policy, this has varied from €5 to €8 which I think is very reasonable).

The last time I ate at Diwali (June 2011) I paid €41 (including 10% tip) for one early bird menu (starter, main with rice and tea/coffee) and a main veggie dish, basmati rice, garlic naan, two minerals and a coffee. Next time I will tip more for such great service!

Pros: Quality food, Great value, Excellent service

Cons: Veg starters not strictly veg-friendly

Return to Dublin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Diwali closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2795 times since Mar 2011.