Divine Realm Vegie Delight

Contact 0420289448

422 Little Collins St, Shop 10, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000

Veggie eatery situated in a mini food court under the Cambridge International School. Food is without onion, garlic, shallots, or chives. Offers different size lunch boxes. Mon-Fri 10:30am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by KingKong

Cheap! - Edit

This is near my work and I usually come here once a week to have brown rice and 2 veggie dishes. It is great to have the brown rice option. I usually get the tofu curry and there is a veggie mix to take away. I've had the dried bean curd too and they are addictive! The people are always lovely too.

Pros: cheap, tasty, lots of options

cheap eats Bain marie sit down - Edit

Excellent value for money. Close to CBD 410 little Collins st in older style food arcade
No onions or garlic

Pros: good value , freshly cooked lunchtime , choice of 3 + noodles it rice 7.50

Cons: basic sit down area

Simply fabulous food - don't miss out. - Edit

I discovered this absolute gem, hidden away in a CBD foodcourt about 6 months ago and I have been an almost daily visitor for lunch ever since. The food is fresh and fabulously tasty, my favourites are the pumpkin in special sauce, the curry with tofu and the mock duck. Though I have loved everything I tried, even the 'bitter melon'. There are always a range of options including plenty of greens and brown rice too if you don' fancy fired rice or noodles. The staff/management are friendly and the value for money is excellent, a large (3 dishes and rice/noodles) with a drink comes in at $9. An absolute bargain and very filling. When I became Vegan I was not fussed by mock meats but this place would fool my meat eating friends no problem. I could not recommend it more highly.

Pros: fabulously tasty, value for money, express service

Cons: no tip jar

Good food, low prices - Edit

It's great to have such a place in Melbourne CBD. Food is good and delicious at rather low prices. I always try to make a stop in the city either to eat there or do a take-away. My non-veg colleagues like it too.

Pros: Variety, Large serving size

Cons: Oily at times.

Cheap and tasty - Edit

Very happy to have stumbled across this place totally by accident today. It's just a little take-away joint in what is a very basic (if not shabby) food court. There's a bain marie with a few pre-cooked options, most of which looked inviting. Then they will also make up some other dishes from scratch - noodles and noodle soups, fried rice and stuff. I had Singapore Noodles which was vegan and which featured tofu, mock pork and mock beef. Very tasty and I would get it again. Quite a lot of options. Look forward to returning and trying out other stuff.

Pros: Good value, tasty, mainly vegan

Cons: Crummy food court decor (but who cares?)

tasty convenience - Edit

It's rare that I'm up this end of town but have stopped in here a couple of times and have always been surprised by the freshness and quality of the food, given that it's sitting waiting for you in the bain-marie.

It's cheap! $5.50 for one dish with steamed brown rice, fried rice, or fried noodles, $6.50 for two dishes, $7.50 for three. When I've been there, the offerings have always been two dishes heavy on fake meat, and two lighter vegetable based dishes. There's also a menu of about ten dishes cooked to order for $9 - Malaysian and Singaporean faves such as char kuey teow and Singapore noodles - but I'm yet to try any of those. A notorious Scrooge, and failing health nut, I go for brown rice and the two healthier looking dishes and have always walked away satisfied.

I don't mind the food court vibe at all. With a bit of imagination, sitting at communal tables with students and CBD workers takes me back to visits to KL. The only thing that really irks me is that whether you eat in or take-away your food gets dished onto or into disposable plastic plates or containers. However, the staff are relaxed and super friendly so I reckon if you brought your own container and asked them to fill it up, they'd be happy to oblige. I'm gonna give this a go next time.

Overall, based on price, quality, and friendly interactions with staff and fellow food court diners, I feel good about eating at Devine Realm and probably will again.

Pros: CHEAP! , friendly, brown rice + other healthier options

Cons: disposable plastic everything

Nice little takeaway - Edit

Basically a takeaway located at a vocational school with a few other little takeaways. The big problem with this place is it's opening hours, it's at the mercy of the school so strictly business hours and no weekends.
That said, the food's good and in a nice little (hidden) location.
You can order fresh cooked or just get the pre-cooked stuff.
We had their XO noodles.

Pros: Food, Location

Cons: Opening hours, Visibility

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Divine Realm Vegie Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9169 times since Jul 2010.