Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace - W Broad

Contact 614-824-4450

2836 W Broad St, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43204

Serves meat, vegan options available. Second location of this hot dog joint. Has vegetarian/vegan dog which could be used in the different flavors. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegan_ryan

I really like this location. - Edit

The W Broad St. location of Dirty Frank's has all of the great vegan options as the other location, but much bigger. I've never had to wait on a table, and it's accessible for large groups. This is also the location that I prefer to bring my kids to because of the large space and it's definitely quiet.

I have a few favorites on the menu... The vegan Chicago Dog and the vegan deluxe tater tots.

Pros: Lots of vegan options., Great service., Affordable.

tasty friendly and cheap! - Edit

In initially tried to go to the original location downtown, but am VERY happy I made the trek out to the west side after downtown had a lengthy wait.

I got two dogz:

the Chicago (with a plain Tofurky vegan dog)
the inexplicably named Real Man (with a vegan bratwurst)

Vegan options are clearly marked. Both of my dogz were very tasty, and at $3 and $3.50 respectively, very well priced. I contemplated fried leeks, but correctly guessed my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Friendly people, nice bar vibe (more families in the dining room in the adjoining space), and friendly is somewhat harried service.

The primary Ohio comparisons for this place that come to mind are Happy Dog in Cleveland (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/happy-dog-cleveland-38859), and Susie's Dogs and Drafts in Youngstown (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/suzies-dogs-and-drafts-youngstown-54110).

Honestly, the quality of the food is quite similar between the three places. At Happy Dog and Susie's you get to pick all the toppings you want, while Frank's has many set (no substitutions) dogs, and charges $0.25/topping after two on the build-it-yourself. One major upshot of Frank's is the three different vegan hot dog choices, where Happy Dog and Susie's only have one.

Solid beer list, not inexpensive, but well chosen.

Some disposables used for the service.

They do sell a lot of dead animal, and for that I'm glad they can't be given a 5. (I'd probably give a four anyway.)

I'll certainly go back whenever I'm passing through Columbus!

Pros: many vegan choices, tasty and fun options, nice beer list

Cons: beer is a little pricey

Same great food, more room - Edit

Same great food as the original Dirty Frank's location, but lots more space. Lots more parking, too!

Every meal at Dirty Frank's is a good one.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace - W Broad closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.