CLOSED: Dimibang

Contact 02-720-2417

84-14 Gwanhun-dong (at Exit 6, Jongno-gu, Subway Line 3, Anguk Station), Seoul, South Korea,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Korean food based on medicinal herbs and roots. Menu is largely vegetarian though one dish features snails. Owner speaks English. Closed Sunday. Direction: Take Exit 6 from Anguk station, there's a small side street between the exit and the police station, follow the block around to the left, and look for the signs. Reported closed to HappyCow April 2011.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by Terry B.

A tantalising taste of traditional Korea - Edit

I really enjoyed this place. It's snuggled in the in-roads of Insadong, with clear signage nearby to help you find it. Ms.Kim is friendly and helpful and the English menus are clear and describe the dishes in detail. The food is absolutely amazing- and you definitely won't leave hungry. A great way to experience traditional Korean cuisine in a cozy and enoyable setting.

Pros: Healthy, good portion, friendly staff

Wonderful! - Edit

My mom and I went to Dimibang for lunch and had a wonderful experience. Jennifer Kim, the owner, was so welcoming and nice and spoke great English, which was very helpful. The dining room was decorated beautifully and has a very cozy atmosphere. The menu had a lot of vegetarian items, and each dish was explained in detail on the menu. The food was delicious! A great vegetarian, medicinal twist on traditional Korean. I will definitely be visiting Dimibang again in the future!

Absolutely Wonderful - Edit

This restaurant was a wonderful find! The woman who runs it is an utter delight! She is so accommodating; we arrived very late and would not have been surprised to be turned away, but instead we were treated to a wonderful meal (including my first taste of kimchi) and friendly conversation. The food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Seoul!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Royal dining - Edit

Take of your shoes at the entrance, sit down on a cushion on the floor at one of the tables and ejoy a lovely meal. We ordered a set menu and with some of the dishes we didn't know what to do. But fortunately staff and other diners are more than welcome to lend you a hand (or a chopstick). We had a lovely evening and enjoyed wonderful flavours.

the joy of vegs - Edit

never enjoyed a vegetarian meal better than here.
follow the friendly staffs suggestions if you feel unsafe in your choice.
fully vegetarian menu is possible on request.
the "crunchy leaves" and the "healthy wine" are a must!
enjoy, markus (carnivore)

happy happy cow cow - Edit

This was a unique vegetarian restraunt and had great options for vegans too. The service was amazing with MORE than ample portions. My friend said that she never thought she would waddle out of a vegetarian restraunt. The people are very kind and personable. The propriotor is really enthusiastic. I loved the jars of preserved ginsing in the window and the decor was very cozy. Please visit!

Di Mi Bang - Edit

The hostess, Jennifer Kim, is extremely pleasant. The food was interesting. My wife liked it all very much; I really did not care for Korean food in general, and this was no exception. Eating the medicinal herbs provided a different experience though.

Dimibang had a very nice decor and atmosphere - excellent tea.

Pros: Nice area of Seoul, Friendly staff

Great experience and food - Edit

A friend and I visited this restaurant on a cold February night and were warmly welcomed into the dining room. We cozied up on the cushions on the floor and selected one of the set meals. The dishes were fantastic and just kept coming! Though far too much food to actually finish, it was wonderful to be able to sample so many Korean dishes on our first meal out in Korea.

Pleasantly surprised - Edit

The owner not only speaks English excellently, she even practises other languages. So make sure to prepare some Korean to return the favor ;) I discovered this restaurant via HappyCow and it's one of the easier to find veg restaurants in Seoul. The meals were tasty, offered much variety (side dishes) and the prices were ok. The interior of the restaurant is clean and tasteful.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy food, great atmosphere

Non Vegetarian

Contributions +4

Dimibang - Edit

Superb Korean vegetarian cuisine in the heart of charming Insadong. Be sure to ask for the very friendly English-speaking owner, Jennifer Kim, who will steer you away from the fish-containing dishes. Great location, atmosphere and delicious food all at very reasonable prices make this hidden gem an excellent choice. Enjoy!

lovely meal - Edit

I had a lovely meal here during my visit to Korea in Nov 2007. The maitress d'hotel is very welcoming and speaks good English, and makes sure to receive you well, just advise her that you're vegetarian. The food is great, very flavorful. Environment is traditional Korean (so make sure your socks have no holes!) and is a nice place.

Pros: nice staff, excelelnt food

Excellent Experience - Edit

We stumbled upon this interesting and delicious restaurant while walking through Insadong. Ms. Kim welcomed us to the restaurant and helped us order our vegetarian meals. It was healthy, tasty and really different. The prices were reasonable, the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was welcoming. A must for vegetarians who are interested in learning more about healthy Korean food.

Thanks Dimibang Team!

~Laura and Robert

Pros: healthy , friendly staff, quaint

Cons: better description of food on menu

Seoul Food - Edit

This was a lovely place in which to have my first eating experience in Seoul. The hostess, Ms. Kim, speaks very good English and was delightful. She recommended one of their rice meals (which comes Korean-style with an assortment of tasty side dishes) and I washed that down with their herbal wine (dongdongju - which I definitely recommend). Do be aware, though, that a couple of their dishes are fish-based, so if you'd rather that a grilled fish didn't turn up as a side dish, mention that to Ms Kim when you order.

Pros: Very friendly hostess, Good value

Dimibang is great - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal there. I had the set course, which had many dishes, and most of them were both exotic and delicious. If you are looking for new taste experiences, this the place. It is a sit-on-the-floor place with an open, bright area. The staff upstairs is friendly and polite. The lady downstairs (owner?), who speaks english, is very friendly and engaging.

Pros: Exotic, Many portions

Cons: Not as cheap as bibimbap

Delicious and fun! - Edit

Dimibang is a wonderful experience. Ms. Kim is a great host who speaks English. She takes the time to explain the various menu items and makes you feel like a welcomed guest. The tatsy food varies in taste and texture. It's probably the healthiest meal I've ever eaten.

Pros: tasty, healthy, Ms. Kim

healthy living - Edit

despite turning up quite late, the staff could do enough for us. wanting to know all about us, and offering a great description of dishes on offer.
as with sosim, the food is based on healthy living, and a great selection of veg was given. a mixture of hot and cold dishes, with fab cold tea.

Pros: healthy, tasty, great staff

Amazing herbal vegetarian in the heart of Seoul - Edit

From the moment you step into this restaurant and you are greeted by the smiling face of Ms. Jennifer Kim you realise this will be a very different experience in meat-obsessed Korea. With impeccable English she asks about your dietary requirements and then explains the principles and the ingredients behind this unique Korean herbal cuisine. Once you order, food begins to come out one plate after the other and it doesn't stop until you are so full and satisfied. The food itself is delicious and an experience in itself and the mostly Korean clientele and communal dining at long tables on the floor all add to the authentic atmosphere. Don't miss it if you're in Seoul!!

Pros: very friendly staff, delicious food, healthy food

I will certainly come back next time I am in Seoul - Edit

I love Korean food and especially kimchi and was certainly not disappointed by Dimibang. As I was alone (courses are not available for one person), I had hamcho bibimbap. The rice had been cooked with black rice and had a beautiful purple colour, the namul vegetables and the kochujyan were not too sweet (I am sometimes horrified at the quantity of sugar used in Korean food), the side dishes were delicious as well.

Pros: helpul enthusiast owner, very friendly staff, excellent food

Good choice - Edit

My entire family enjoys dining at Dimibang. It is in a nice location, is a good opportunity for vegetarians to eat a wide variety of Korean dishes and has helpful English and Chinese speaking staff.

Pros: Location, Service

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dimibang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 871 times since Aug 2007.