Dilli Waala

n/a

Rue de la Marine, Pondicherry, India, 605002

A pure vegetarian restaurant with vegan options upon request. Offers a/c & non a/c seating. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Juice bar, Asian

First Review by Floyd205

no service! - Edit

We had eaten at other more traditional South Indian places in Pondicherry but thought we would try this North Indian place as it was near the beach front and seemed nice from the outside and was on HappyCow. We arrived at 6.45 and were seated and given a menu. We realised evening service didn’t start until 7,00 and the waitress asked if we could wait until then or we could order from snack menu, it was no problem to wait.
At 7 we were moved into main restaurant and no one came to take our order for about 10 mins. I then asked if we could order and waited another 5 mins and still no one came. The two waiting staff were standing just by us and we felt very unwelcome. Eventually we said we would just pay for the table water that was on the table and left.
There are some really good South Indian veg and pure veg places in Pondicherry that are great value for money with delicious food I honestly would not bother with this place. The food may be delicious but it is expensive and for whatever reason ( we are an older English couple?) we felt very unwelcome!

Cheap diner feel with high prices - Edit

Very average place. I waited 30 mins for my food and 50 mins for my drink (which was only a lemonade). I had to ask several times for my food and drink and when i got the bill, i noticed they had charged me for everytime i asked, not what i actually had! Easily sorted, but frustrating when i had waited so long already.
Has a very cheap dinner atmosphère, everything is served on plastic, yet they charge above the average rate.
Its okay, but you can find better for cheaper.

Good Indian food - Edit

Tasty Food. Everything was fine. Had Mushroom Masala and a tomato soup.

Return to Pondicherry Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dilli Waala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.