Dignita - Vondelpark

+31-202214458

Koninginneweg 218H, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1075 EL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant whose profits go to the organisation 'Not For Sale', which is an international organization that works to provide certified training programs to support vulnerable individuals. Serves all-day brunch, which is mainly locally-sourced and sustainable. Allergens are listed on the menu so you can see what is vegan, menu is also available in English. Options include muesli or granola with coconut yogurt, bowls, Italian summer salad - which contains vegan gnocchi, pine nuts, lentil 'meatballs', asparagus, basil and tomatoes, and there are vegan side dishes available like seed and nut bread. Menu changes seasonally. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, European, Dutch, Non-veg

First Review by small_trees

Never felt so UNwelcome - Edit

We had a friendly welcome (we were the first costumers) in dignita hoftuin. We had a vegetarian but absolutely not vegan breakfast (vegan not possible). We had to ask for the juice that comes with the breakfast but got this after the meal. Other costumers were offered a special metal, we didn't. We thought this was strange. After breakfast we decided to have some tea. It took a while and effort before we got the attention off the staff and were able to order. We just put the tea in the hot water when we were TOLD they were going to bring us our bill and we were asked to leave. We were stunned. They apparantly decided that they couldn't earn anything more from us. Unbeleivable. We left our hot tea behind and left inmediately. We will not go back. We never felt this unwelcome.

Pros: Nice building.

Cons: Not many vegan options. When they want you to leav

fabulous cafe, but very busy - Edit

Dignita is one of my favorite places to eat in the whole of Amsterdam. It's also the favorite if a lot of other people so if you go on a weekend, expect to queue. It has super lovey, simple decor and all the staff are helpful and friendly. Food wise there's a couple of vegan mains on the menu (clearly marked) and you can make a nice vegan breakfast from adding together stuff from their add ons section on the menu. They have soy milk for drinks and a really delicious vegan ginger slice for afters. I normally end up with avocado, beans and toast which I know is a very obvious choice but they do it *so* well. I can't resist to have the same thing every time I go! The whole place has a great vibe, their food is simple and delicious and the staff are happy and helpful. Not a single thing doesn't work about the place. Oh, and there's a few breakfast cocktails should the mood take you as well. If you're nearby you should go check it out. It really is a great place.

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dignita - Vondelpark closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.