CLOSED: Dig

Contact 567-279-1002

777 E Atlantic, Delray Beach, Florida, USA, 33483

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual upscale atmosphere with outside fountains, free Wi-Fi, full bar and organic juice bar. Menu designates veg items. Uses organic produce. Daily vegan, raw and vegetarian specials, gluten free choices. AUG 2015 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS FB AND WEBPAGE. Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by

Ok for vegetarians, not vegan - Edit

My meat eating friends love this place. The choices are good and consistently tasty. I am a vegan and always have to go for the burger. Lucky for me, it is very tasty. They staff still are not too educated on the whole vegan concept, and have on occasion put cheese on my food, despite explaining that I wanted no dairy. The service is on the slow side, BUT, every time I go with my dogs, they go out of their way to make sure they are happy. The even ask for permission and bring them food :-)
It is pricey but the location and food are almost good enough to make them worth it.

Pros: delicious fresh food, very kind to your pets, location is nice

Cons: pricey, slow service, do not understand what vegan is.

Not vegan friendly - Edit

My boyfriend and I went in to eat lunch and sat at the bar. Even though we were the only ones at the bar, it took a long time to get any service since the bartender wans busy talking on his cell phone and ignoring us. When we asked what they had that was vegan we were told two things that were not even close to vegan. After explaining what vegan was, we were told we could have a salad. Seriously, don't waste your time.

Pros: nothing whatsoever

Cons: Not vegan friendly, Rude staff

not very vegan friendly - Edit

Ended up not eating here because when I asked the waitress if the "v" meant vegan or vegetarian she said both. She then offered me the chicken soup after she knew I was looking for vegan food-yikes!!!!

Dig, flavor lacking - Edit

I went in with a Groupon, I sat at the bar with a woman who goes for happy hour. I had a nice glass of wine at the bartenders suggestion and a bland appetiser. I ordered a pasta dish which was priced high for the minimum amount of flavor. The owner of this place decided how much I should tip, 18%. I always tip 20 percent and found out rude of the owner tho put my tip on the bill when it did right on my certificate that tip was not included. Which meant the bartender was shorted. I asked to speak to him. The owner was rude and obnoxious. The leader next tho me did she would never come back due to the way he treated me. So he not only lost me a customer (my fifth visit), but also the lady next to me, and all my friends. Another friend was going to buy a gift certificate and now she will not. I have never been treated this way. Not sure what his problem was, but the place was pretty empty and he should welcome guests, not chase them away.

Pros: location, wine was okay

Cons: owner rude, minimal flavor

Dig: The Experience - Edit

Dig has a really nice atmosphere and location. Located on Atlantic Ave alone the shop walk, Dig provides a nice alternative to the regular restaurants near by. Dig does truly offer good vegan food, soups, entrees, smoothies. The service is very helpful. So, while Dig is not primarily attuned to serving vegan food to vegans, the main theme of the restaurant is conventional fare, they do make the attempt to accommodate. The entrees are good, but they lack a fundamental understanding of the flavors that can be infused and coaxed out of a vegan dish via cooking technique or herbs, spices, salt. So, while Dig is a great alternative given the location, it would not be my first choice for the greater area.

Pros: Great Location, Nice Staff, Good Vegan Food!

Cons: Needs a kick in the flavor butt.

Great Organic Juices and Smoothies - Edit

Dig provides the customers with a great selection of organic juices and smoothies in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere! It is reasonably priced and the organic juices and smoothies are delicious, they have raw food specials available on their menu filled with other delectable organic options. The staff is friendly and attentive, in addition to a comfortable atmosphere they have a beautiful outdoor courtyard seating to enjoy during great Florida weather. All my visits to DIG have been extremely satisfying and I would recommend this juice bar and restaurant to anyone who is living a healthy lifestyle and has the desire for tasty meals!

Pros: Clean, Reasonably priced , Beautiful outdoor seating

Return to Delray Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dig closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1373 times since May 2013.