Die Weinstube Nachhaltig Geniessen

Contact +496532 93910

Uferallee 7, Zeltingen, Germany, 54492

An innovative sustainable vegan restaurant, with a view of the Moselle River, is situated inside the Hotel Nicolay Zur Post in an historic building founded in 1881. Mushroom cultivation is a highlight of restaurant that can be viewed through the glass floor. Free Wi-Fi. Name in English: The Sustainable Wine Bar Enjoy. Takes reservations. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, German

First Review by vegazosten

One of the best mains of my life ♡ - Edit

We stayed in the vegan hotel and booked an arrangement for 2 nights inclusive a 3 course menu in the "Weinstube" (140 € for 2 persons). Great deal!

First course was a sauerkraut potato soup which was really good.
The main was a fantastic compostion of flavours and texture: purple potatos, snap peas, baked rhubarb, golden flaxseed patty (was way better than it sounds), brown sauce and green tea glaze. a m a z i n g!
As a dessert we got cranberry-cherry sorbet (sugarfree and too tart for me) with chocolate sauce and caramel swirl.

The chef was very friendly and "performed" the caramel swirls in front of us which was nice! Now I know how to impress my friends :D

Pros: very tasty vegan food

Cons: maybe a tiny bit too salty

Delicious food in a cool, down-to-earth place - Edit

We've been already several times to the Weinstube and have never been disappointed. The food is really good, especially the Pilzplatte which is made of homegrown mushrooms like Shiitake and Kräuterseitlinge (Pleurotus). Furthermore they have vegan wines from the Mosel-Region and delicious desserts. The chef Johannes is really cool and the staff very friendly.

Pros: Nice food, Friendly staff

Unfortunately not a good experience - Edit

I hate to say this, but this was not a good experience today. In spite of the promising name of the dish

"Moselpfirsich im Saitanmantel auf Zitronengras-Basmatireis an Preisselbeersauce"

what we got was probably the worst meal that we have ever been served in a vegan restaurant.

It has never happened to me before that I would classify a restaurant meal as uneatable, but here that was the case. A huge lump of Seitan that was like pure rubber - we weren't able to cut it, we weren't able to chew it, and it was virtually completely unseasoned. We had to let it go back. It also took an hour until the food arrived, and afterwards we had to wait long, too.

If a person must remain completely hungry after waiting a long hour at the table, it helps little that the location of the restaurant is nice and that the other meal which we ordered (mushrooms in cream sauce with smoked tofu and dumplings) was good, and the cold cucumber soup was okay, too. If one person at the table has to stay hungry (and ordering something else is no option, because the service is soooooooo slow), of course this can ruin the the evening.

So now we have to cook some pasta with tomato sauce because the person who has ordered this rubber ball has finally have to get something to eat, too. :(

To me it is a mystery how this tasteless rubber ball could make it on a restaurant menu. I'm also pretty sure that this is not just a matter of taste, as we both like seitan dishes very much, and peach as well. But unfortunately this was really bad.

Pros: Location is nice, Mushroom Dishes are good

Cons: The seitan coated peach was uneatable, Service is very slow

Special place for special occasions - Edit

I tried the special cuisine of this restaurant twice and have been a fan of it right after the first time. For me - as a student - about 40€ for a menu of four dishes and a drink is a lot of money but it is seriously worth it. For me this is the place to go for special occasions.

I really like the waitress who recognized me when I came for the second time (weeks later) and also did the chef who is the boss as well. He uses to great his guests personally and talk a little about his restaurant and ideas. By the way the waitress is really into her job and knows everything about the food and ingredients what - unfortunately - is not common practice nowadays.

The dishes are something really special (it´s not just the gorgeus mushrooms you can watch growing underground, but also the bread baked without flour!) and it´s a good idea to let yourself be surprised (you don´t know what you get if you choose the complete menu) but if you have any allergies it´s no problem for them.

But what you need to know is that you probably will not be full because the dishes are not that big and it´s more about quality than quantity.

I also really enjoyed the vegan wine and grape juice.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 26, 2014

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 26, 2014

Pros: Gorgeous and special dishes, Top friendly service, Surprise menu

Cons: prices, little food

Veganfood where you shouldn't expect it! - Edit

The hotel: could be a lot better to help you especially you don't speak German. The rooms are basic but nice and comfortly with balcony and great view. We found a few bottles Minneapolis, great but we missed a minibar to cool the drinks. Using the swimmingpool and a very slooooow wifi was free. The interior is oldfashion and for us enclosed, needs an update or refreshment for young modern people.
If you take a reservation ask B4 you arrive the arrangments with special 4course vegandishes. The waitress want you to choose 4course menu but the chef don't. Ok, chef it wasn't a reservation, we didn't know it was the waitress idea! We saw the chef first shake his head 'no'! But still, he was cooking it! BTW the normal a la carte menu was also fine for us. The waitress didn't like it when we refuse drinking wine. Ok, it's a winestube but we took a reservation for the veganfood! We like more simple veganfood with lots of greens. We did missed the fresh green or colored foods.
The 4couse veganmenu was very special, you never taste veganfood like this. He used all kind of unusefull tastings, veganwatersoup with strange orange taste, vegan rice nouri, very crunching cultivated mushroom from the cellar combined with flat pasta and 3 sugarsnaps and later a vegan chocolate ice with orange sausage. They have a few nice very tasty non-alcohol beers to! The others guests eating nice seitan-dishes. One person didn't eats his nice tasty seitan while we wishing to have seitan! lol
Next time we choose the menufood a la carte with seitanfood. Ok, the chef did his best and it was special but we like more normal vegandishes with lots of vegetables. Sorry, 86 euro is expensive 4 that. Still, we give them xtra points a hotel who served veganfood is hard to find!
Note: The mushroom cultivation was highlighted in the floor by the glass bottom. You can find it on youtube veganhotel nicolay. See his cookings to, he have good idea's!
Tip: We may recommend the vegan breakfeast to everyone! This was super. You can choose all kind of veganfood. Even the chef has made a cup of own invented vegan minced meat! That was special! We'd like it a lot! But next time a little less salty please! Sliced veganmeat, slices cheezes, all kind of other stuff even veganchokopasta, coffee, juices, soyamilk, fruit etc... more than you need!
Chef TNX for the veganfood!
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 07, 2014

Pros: Nice vegandishes or 4course Vdishes, Nice regions and nature to visit!, Free wifi and swimmingpool!

Cons: Expensive 4couse dishes! No minibar 4 us, Oldfashion enclosed hotel., Better information please!

Return to Zeltingen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Die Weinstube Nachhaltig Geniessen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1474 times since Apr 2013.