First Review by louis

Sadly shut - Edit

Although the website states the cafe is open it is not. Really frustrating when you're hungry and looking forward to trying some good food! Why don't cafe owners update website information?

Cons: Cafe is shut

Delicious - Edit

The food is delicious and the owner is SO friendly and passionate about veganism.
Menu is limited with ~10-12 dishes, but it is freshly made and really good.

Pros: Affordable, Friendly staff, Delicious, healthy food.

Great Food. Great Prices. - Edit

4 of us eat here for lunch. A good selection of vegan food. Very reasonable prices. Food tasted great. Cafe could do with a bit of a make over.

Pros: Great Vegan Food

Cons: Bit tired looking.

amazing staff and food - Edit

As a mother of a vegan daughter, it was wonderful for her to find solace in Albufeira, after more than a week of the stress of explaining veganism to people who did not understand. Didi's is 100% vegan and was a haven for us both. We began our meal with refreshing juices. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our main meals but this was not bad at all as the staff were all friendly and had long, meaningful conversations with us about veganism to living in England.
I had the Mediterranean Salad and my daughter had a Buddha Bowl, both were completely made from scratch and were out of this world!
For dessert we had lemon mousses, these were pre made in the display fridge so were given to us immediately. Again, wonderfully tasty! This place made our day complete because of the lovely staff and the tasty food. Definitely recommend! Please go here!

FernandoDelfino 02 Sep 2016 - Thank you so much for your words!! we really appreciate it! (DiDi)

tasty food, great location - Edit

Great little all vegan cafe/restaurant. We ordered the daily special (fajitas), the broccoli and leek pie, the mushroom pasta and the burger. All were delicious. The place is quite small but has a nice little terrace as well and is a 2 minute walk to the beach. The food seemed to take some time to arrive but was definitely worth the wait, just don't recommend if you're in a rush.
The owner and staff were extremely friendly and made sure we were well looked after.
We ended our meal with a soya latte, the chocolate cake and a slice of carrot cake with coconut buttercream icing. The icing was my daughter's favourite part of the meal.

FernandoDelfino 18 Aug 2016 - So sweet! Thank you so much for your post!

Nom nom nom - Edit

Cute little place with a great menu for animal lovers (i.e. broccoli and leak pie!). Good for every meal of the day. Just devoured vegan chocolate cupcake with cream and gooey inside... I only wish they had liqueurs to add to their soya milk coffees and I'd spend my whole evening here... Defo recommended for a healthy and hearty meal.

Pros: Food quality

Cons: Difficult to find at first

FernandoDelfino 18 Aug 2016 - Thank you. At Didi we made everything with love. Hope to see you again.

Didi's warm welcome - Edit

We came for lunch in this lovely tiny restaurant runned by Didi. Everything had plenty of flavour but with a delicate touch. Cold cous cous had the perfect balance between lemon and parsley, the salads were a mix of eclectic tastes that fit very well together. Vegan and vegetarian puddings were equally delicious. It's better to book as the place is becoming very popular.

Pros: vegan and vegetarian. Everything made at the momen

Cons: becoming more and more popular so it's better book

best vegan cafe in Albufeira - Edit

I love that there are so many vegan choices, I couldn't believe happy cow class this cafe as vegetarian. It is Vegan... No meat served, soy milk and Almond milk, vegan cakes and Pannacotta, amazing salAds and dressings, so friendly, Fernando is vegan and a truly amazing guy.
It would be a big mistake to be vegan in Albufeira and not visit DIDI Cafe...

Pros: vegan pastry like never before,, fresh salads and excellent presentation, just about everything is perfect

Cons: none whatsoever

FernandoDelfino 18 Aug 2016 - There is always a pleasure to see you. Thank you so much for your support and vegan friendship!

Visiting Alufeira again because Didi Café!! - Edit

Didi Café saved my life with some delicious vegan food for the 3 days I was visiting Albufeira. I invited my veggie father along the next day and we sat outside taking in the beauty of the old town. He said that's the best meal he's ever had too. Great coffee+cake +ice cream+food at a very reasonable price. 5stars for everything. Thanks Fernando, Greetings from Scotland. Tony

Pros: brilliant food, easy to follow recipe, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: Zero cons.

2 Responses

FernandoDelfino 18 Aug 2016 - Thank you so so much for your words! Vegan hug!

FernandoDelfino 18 Aug 2016 - Thank you so so much for your words! Vegan hug!

Lovely place, cater for vegan and gluten free - Edit

Lovely place, great staff, good prices. Fresh food. Loved the pumpkin pie, salads, chocolate ice cream and carrot cake (all vegan). Omnivore friend happily ate here too. Caters for vegan and gluten free. Tucked away down a side street but you can watch the world go by from the pavement tables. Good choice of hot and cold meals and cakes. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great choice, Friendly staff, Great location

Cons: Closed Tuesdays, Hard seating, Toilets on 2nd floor

Didi cafe = good food - Edit

Last week we have eaten here twice (lunch and dinner). For lunch we had a special of the day, lentil burger with salad and a veggie baguette with various vegetables (both €5). For dinner we had a tropical salad with mango dressing and a didi salad with tofu (€7 and €8). Both were very tasty.
The restaurant is nice, the waiters friendly and the food was very good.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 13, 2015

Pros: nice desserts.

Cons: Not a lot of dishes on the menu

Super lecker und mit viel Liebe zum Detail! - Edit

Wir waren sehr überrascht in dem sehr touristischen und "omnivoren" Ort ein so gemütliches und rein vegetarisches und veganes Lokal zu finden. Das Essen ist wirklich sehr lecker und absolut zu empfehlen. Durch die Freundlichkeit der Mitarbeiter und besonders des Betreibers fühlt man sich mehr als Willkommen. Als Veganer/ Vegetarier ein absolutes MUSS!

great dishes of the day and desserts VERY CHEAP! - Edit

We ate in this place twice. The best choice is the Dish of the day (5 euros aug. 2015). A lot of options for celiacs, diabetics, etc. Great and very tasty desserts.

Pros: price, taste

What a wonderful surprise! - Edit

Delicious, original recipes, prepared with a real love for food and understanding of ingredients, served in a delightful setting, by truly fun people! I can not recommend Didi Cafe enough. Owned and operated by brother & sister duo Fernando & Desiree situated in the heart of old town Albufeira. My husband (omnivore), myself (vegan) and my two young children (vegetarian) had the most wonderful dinner of 'sushi' made with avocado, mango & mango sauce served with soy sauce and wasabi :-) Thai salad with rice, wok vegetables, sprouts, sesame seeds and ginger sauce :-) Mediterranean salad, banana-coconut cake and a fab local vinho verde... We loved it! When in Albufeira, set Didi Cafe at the top of your list for breakfast, lunch, dinner or take out!

Pros: Delicious & Creative food, Charming inside & on the terrace, Friendly service

Cons: That there is no DiDi Cafe in Amsterdam

Didi Cafe Albufeira..fabulous! - Edit

Fabulous cafe in centre of the old town. Lots of vegan options on the menu. I ate there several times on holiday and it was the nicest food I have had for a long time.Everything is freshly prepared on the premises. Highlights included a delicious roasted aubergine baguette, an amazing and filling salad,pumpkin and corn puff pie and sushi.

Very reasonably priced for delicious tasty food.Take out available too or sit inside or out. A must visit when in Albufeira.

Pros: excellent food, lovely staff, great location

Return to Albufeira Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Didi Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.