First Review by zungi

Good Indian food, friendly small place - Edit

Food was on spicy side, ask without chillies if you're sensitive to heat. Staff are friendly and can help "veganize" the menu. The chutney

The cashier has a big spit basket next to him–it was off-putting to see him spit a mouthful when we asked him a question.

Good Indian Restaurant - Edit

Good Indian Restaurant with good prices and good food.

Pros: Good food., Friendly staff, Good prices

Cons: Couldn't find any

Very good Restaurant! - Edit

I can highly recommend this restaurant. The food is really delicious, taste their sweets also.
The place looks clean, prices are a little bit higher than at other places.
Go for it.

Decent Veggie Indian Food - Edit

Clean and bright place. Easy to find. I had the Mali Kofta. It was not as good as I would normally get in the US. The texture was a bit like bread. The sauce was good. So, at least based on the dish I ordered, not the best Indian veggie food I've had, but perfectly good.

Pros: cheap, clean and bright, easy to find

Cons: not the best Indian veggie food but ok

Best Indian food in town! - Edit

The food is realy exelent and not expensive. Also you can get good sweets there. Just go there!

Yummy Indian food! - Edit

I was happy to have a filling, inexpensive vegan meal here! The samosas were really tasty with the tamarind sauce, and the daal was nice too. As another reviewer mentioned, it would be good if they could label which items are vegan.

Pros: rare veg in Mandalay!, delicious food, clean restaurant

Cons: no vegan signage

Pretty good! - Edit

Reasonably-priced, as others have said (the portions are awfully small, but I find that typical in Myanmar) and fairly good. Minimalist decor.

However, I give it four stars simply because the taste did not blow my mind -- we had a couple of standards and they were a bit on the bland side. Not in terms of 'hotness', which was at a decent level, but in terms of other flavors.

Of course, it's wonderful just to have another vegetarian option in Mandalay! And the staff were nice. So, overall, good experience... just can't bring myself to give it 5 cows.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Vegetarian in Mandalay, Nice folks

Cons: A bit bland for Indian

Good and Tasty food - Edit

Clean and very reasonable Indian vegetarian restaurant. Good choices of dishes. Easy to find.

Mostly good, but with one caveat - Edit

I liked most of the food at this place. They have both north and south Indian cuisine (including masala dosas). The food tasted good, and the service was pretty fast, but the one thing that prevents them from getting 5 happy cows (so I'm giving 4) was there was a rubber band in one of the dishes (so a bit sloppy). That's probably just a rare chance occurrence though.

Pros: good food, good selection, good service

Cons: rubber band was in one of the dishes

Excellent Indian - Edit

A pleasant experience throughout. I had a tomato soup (nicely spicy), Tandoori Roti (apparently directly from the oven), plain rice (lots of) and last but not least a very tasty Paneer Singapuri. All came in good portions, as clean as the restaurant itself and with fair prices. (About 1 out of 3 dishes from the menu has paneer.) I also tried the Indian sweets - surely a treat for anyone into that sort of a desert. Staff is friendly, some of them English speaking (like the menu) and ready to have a chat about the Buddha enthroned on the side of the room, surrounded by Hindu dignitaries. Does it deserve all the stars? It probably does. I wish vegan food was clearly signed to encourage ethical eating or the place had Wifi - anything out of the usual.

Pros: tasty, fresh, clean

Return to Mandalay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Diamond Ring closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.