CLOSED: Dharma Kitchen

• Vegetarian

Contact 0890477596

185 Suthep Road, Muang (at front of Wat Suan Dok complex), Chiang Mai, Thailand,

Opened summer 2012, a buffet style place. Offers plates with vegetable dishes on rice. Has spring rolls, Chinese steam buns, veggie meats. Located straight across the street from Chiang Mai University faculty of Pharmacy. Uses egg. Reported closed to HappyCow Mar 2016.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Cyrus

Vegan friendly! - Edit

Love the steamed buns, pumpkin, taro etc. Very friendly staff and very happy that there are many vegan options. I have been 3 days in a row whilst in Chiang Mai this year and I will be back if I am in Chiang Mai again. Would recommend this place as it is very well priced also

Pros: Lots of room, Friendly staff, Yummy food

OK Place - Edit

It's an OK place for local Thai veggie food but they don't have any curries and there is egg in the menu, even though they claim to be a vegan restaurant. Thai vegan does not allow eggs but they sell eggs in the dishes. Some English is spoken.

Surprisingly good food at cheap price - Edit

This place looked very cheap when I walked in and the only reason I decided to stay for a meal was because of the very friendly owner/manager. He cooked up a vegan plate of rice with vegetables and I was surprised of how good it tasted and it only cost me 40 Baht (the menu said 35 but no big deal). It's possible they use MSG but I'm not sure. I would have come back many times had it not been so far from my hotel.

Pros: very friendly, cheap

Cons: very basic, possible msg

wonderful people, wonderful food :) - Edit

I have been to this restaurant many times and I just love the food :) .
It is a family owned and operated business, home-cooking style at its best !! .. within walking distance of the "old city"
Prices are so low for this wonderful food, only about 25-30-35 Baht .. less than one US dollar !! ... makes you feel like you have to pay more, how can it be so cheap and so good !!
The food is fresh, delicious and served with a friendly Chiang Mai smile, I just love it !!
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 04, 2014

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dharma Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3112 times since Aug 2012.