Dharma Garden Veggie Deli

Vegetarian Vietnamese cafe offering banh mi, pho, salads, and stir-frys with mockmeat. Debit card ok. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by vegan frog

Delicious in East Van! - Edit

I had lunch at Dharma Garden Veggie Deli for the first time and really enjoyed the atmosphere, It is next to a monastery so monks cook and many monks eat there.
The place was very clean, the service friendly and prompt. Because the restaurant is vegetarian and not vegan, I stayed away from veggie meats, and tried the veggie pho with just tofu. The flavour was perfect for me, not too spicy (although they have condiments to add for those who like their food spicier) and for a big bowl, the price was more than reasonable at $8.50. I would definitely go again if I was in the area. This is not the best place for a date night but it was perfect for a quick lunch. The only issue for me is that I don't eat wheat or gluten and it seemed to be a bit tricky for the monk to advise me as they use soy sauce heavily as well as gluten veg meat alternatives. I think we managed alright and she was more than helpful in trying to accommodate me.

Pros: Cheap and delicious, Mostly vegan, Friendly service

Cons: Not gluten free friendly

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dharma Garden Veggie Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.