First Review by Chia

Best in the city - Edit

I've lived in Odense for quite a few years now, and I have not been able to find better bread than at this bakery. Sure, it's more expensive than a regular bakery, but considering that it's organic and biodynamic, I'm happy to pay a little extra. They don't use industrial baking ovens, but instead have 9 regular ovens, like the ones you have at home. This is also the reason for why their bread doesn't taste like that of other bakeries; this tastes and feels homemade. Like something your grandmother would bake. Most of their bread is vegan and they also have a vegan brownie. Personally, I would recommend their rosemary bread and spinach bread - it's the best ever.

The owners are such sweet people as well. The woman has been a vegan/vegetarian for 40+ years and is very friendly.

Pros: Quality, Organic and biodynamic, Good service

Vegan and gluten friendly - Edit

If I ever need bread I buy it here. They have amazing vegan options and it's very tasty. You have to come early because if you come around 2pm everything will be sold out. It is placed in centrum.

Pros: Tasty, Good options, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive

Good Find - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and stopped in on a past trip to Denmark. Here's my Det Gode Brod review.

This little bakery uses organic and biodynamic ingredients. Has a good selection whole grain breads and a few vegan-friendly pastries. Friendly woman working. Good vibes.

Pros: freshly baked, vegan-friendly, healthy

Cons: very small shop

Return to Odense Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Det Gode Brod closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.