Destine Vegetarian - Aberdeen

Contact 25545837

1-5 Nam Ning St, Aberdeen (at basement), Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China, 852

緣來素食, at 香港仔南寧街1-5號地下及地庫. Cantonese veggie eatery in the Aberdeen Centre replaced Veggie Source in 2014. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Pascal_HK

Destine Vegetarian, Aberdeen, Hong Kong - Edit

I largely agree with the previous reviewer.

there's a comment at the beginning of the menu about letting staff know if you prefer not to eat milk, cheese, eggs and also interestingly, chilli. I was with a native Cantonese speaker who commented to me how helpful the staff were. They took our request for vegan food very seriously. At one point they mixed up their advice on what was and wasn't vegan and while this was resolved long before food was in front of us, we were given some extra food for free.
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 13, 2014

Pros: Vegan friendly, Helpful staff

Decent though not impressive - Edit

Never easy to rate a place based on one lunch and 3 dishes... but that's the game, isn't it? DESTINE is easy to find, thanks to Happycow's GPS function. It is downstairs, in the basement, not the best room in town to be fair, quite nosy as well. Staff is nice but can't really speak English, and even Mandarin was not really successful (but maybe that because of me...). Anyhow, I managed to order a dish with bamboo (竹, the lady could hardly read/understand my attempt to write/pronouce it), and as a safe precaution some spring and also fried tofu rolls. Can't say that I was really impressed by the food, though it was still ok. I guess a 3.5 would reflect my experience here, yet as HC only offer 3 or 4, I'll go for a 3 to counterbalance the 2 previous reviews both at 5 (you guys surely know what to order!). ok, I agree that I should come again, try other dishes, with a group if possible, and adjust my review if needed.

Pros: English menu with pictures, Good choice of various dishes

Cons: Noisy room in basement

A very good restaurant - Edit

Two of us popped in here for lunch. From the outsidfe it looks unassuming, but when you go down the stairs the restaurant looks really nice.

The menu is in English and Cantonese and we ordered spring rolls to start off. These were crispy and tasty. We then had a taro and mushroom dish in coconut sauce and a mock duck and veg dish. Both of these were cooked fresh and were tasty and a good size. We had a couple of bowls of rice too and the bill came to a very reasonable HK$ 189.

The staff were lovely and even though their English wasn't great, they were patient to make sure they got the right order.

The restaurant does not take credit cards, only cash.

Recommended if you find yourself hungry and in Aberdeen.

Pros: Very tasty food, Pleasant environment and staff, Reasionable price

Cons: It took a while to find.

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Destine Vegetarian - Aberdeen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1219 times since Jul 2014.