CLOSED: Dellz Deli

Contact 843-722-5376

1 A Cannon St, Charleston, South Carolina, USA, 29401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, take-out restaurant with an energetic vibe. Uses fresh veggies - mainly serves wraps and salads. APR 2015 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KK10160

You Must Stop Here! - Edit

This place is great! Truly a hole in the wall kind of place, but the food is fabulous! I had The Hummer and my husband had the vegetarian BLT wrap. Both were soooooo good! Be aware that the shop is TINY and there's basically no place to sit. We ended up taking our food to the car and ate, but it was so worth it! Wish I had been in Charleston longer so I could go there again!

Pros: Fabulous food, Great character

Cons: No place to sit

great little spot! - Edit

Tiny little shop, not really a dine in type of place, but the food and people are great. Friendly, knowledgeable on vegan needs, and reasonable prices.

Pros: tasty food, knowledgeable, friendly staff

Cons: not an eat in spot

Great Place, don't pass it up! - Edit

The staff was awesome and knowledgeable about vegan. The food was delicious and satisfying. The prices good.
While this is not a "pure" healthy veg restaurant (we got fried tortilla chips with our black bean pita wrap) it was and felt like the place to be for what we needed.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Good prices and atoms

Cons: soy, corn

Great food, knowledgeable owner and employees - Edit

After I found Dellz Deli, I went nowhere else. The Bean and Rice Bowl was a dream with my favorite foods: black beans, brown rice, salsa, avocado, sprouts, and vegan cheese (extra). The vegan cheese was intermixed with the rice and beans. It was really good.

I also tried the Hummer (with black bean hummus) and Dellz Jazzy Pizza. They were both great. Dell knows how to combine good food for great taste.

She is planning to open a vegetarian restaurant in the near future which will give me more reason to visit Charleston's historic district.

Pros: Great and great-tasting food, Knowledgeable employees

Cons: Very small dining area

YUM - Edit

I had veggie wraps and they were huge! I thought they were pretty good. My mother enjoyed her wraps as well. They gave me and my mother free tshirts of their restaurant's name on it. I would give it five stars but since its a veg-friendly restaurant..

Pros: cute little restaurant, awesome staffs, casual

Don't even hesitate- just make sure you go there!! - Edit

In our 3 day trip to Charleston, my husband and I (not vegans but like veggie and healthy food options) needed healthy, delicious and plentiful options for our meals. In a short summary- as very picky food conniseurs we have never loved a restaurant or food as much as we loved our meals at Dellz. Don't think twice- I would recommend this place for every meal if I could. Large portions, tons of options and the fantastic value are difficult to find elsewhere. The welcoming, hometown demeanor of Dell and her staff are impossible to find however. They were accommodating, genuinely kind and even willing to make sure my husband and I found a fun place to go out (salsa dancing) in town! Bless this fine establishment. Thank you Dellz!!! Ps. I want to give a perfect score but the Happy cow review system won't let me for some reason... Please note that this is a 5 star review!

Pros: Food, Value, Amazimg staff

Return to Charleston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dellz Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1477 times since Apr 2012.