First Review by kale

love the eggplant in black bean sauce - Edit

I swing by occasionally for an order of eggplant in black bean sauce and an order of brown/white rice. It's incredible and I've never been able to find another place that makes it quite as good. I really crave this from time to time .....and then I'm good for another month or two. :)

Pros: relaxed ambiance, clean, smells delicious

Cons: can't find a second dish that I love her

Will be back! - Edit

Really enjoyed the food here! Normally I avoid Asian food because I have a mild soy allergy but the owner was super nice and accommodating. I was super happy to find this place was all vegan and was pleasantly surprised when the food came out. It wasn't your average Americanized Chinese food but it was a yummy mix of vegetables and mushrooms. Will definitely be back for more.

Pros: Completely VEGAN!, Good Prices

Let down - Edit

My family tried out this place and we were very disappointed. The food did not taste good at all. I've tried other vegan Chinese food which was very delicious however this is not one of them. I decided to try it again after my first experience and it turned out to be worse than the first time. It reminded me of warmed up frozen food and the taste was not good at all it ended up all being wasted. This place seems to have good reviews and that's why I tried it, but after the experiences I've had I won't go back and I don't recommend it!

Love Delicious! - Edit

One of my favorite places to eat even after all this time. My favorites include spicy fried mushrooms, sweet and sour gluten balls, tofu in peanut sauce, tofu in black bean sauce and spring rolls.

Pros: Consistant food, Location, Fast Service

Cons: Will usually close for a few weeks in th, VISA or cash only (no debit)

Love meat? You'll still love this! - Edit

The food and service here and absolutely amazing. I took a "meatie" friend here for lunch once, and upon seeing the name of the restaurant, she almost refused to eat there. I promised her if she hated the food, I'd go to BK with her (UGH). Needless to say, I didn't have to. Try it out and I'm sure you'll be glad you did! (Said friend has since taken her family to this restaurant and they've all enjoyed it as well!)

Pros: Delicious Food , Decent Prices , Fast, Friendly Service

Cons: No designated parking lot

One of my favorites - Edit

Huge amount of selections, reasonable price, huge portions, delicious. Deep fried mushrooms and sweet and sour gluten balls are a couple of my favorites.

Pros: Huge portions, Wide selection, Friendly staff

Cons: Easy to eat too much, Street parking, Somewhat fattening

Not bad, but I've had better vegan food - Edit

Maybe we didn't make very good choices, but frankly, we found our food a bit bland - and we even took care to order items that sounded like they'd be spicy! We'll try them again someday and see whether we feel differently.

sooo good! - Edit

This restaurant lives up to its name! I live in SK, so I don't get to go here very often. Each time, it is worth the drive, even if I have to go all the way across the city. I just wish they would open up a place in my Province!

The wonton soup, hot and sour soup, sweet and sour gluten balls, and fried banana are not to be missed!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious ^_~, good portions

Cons: no parking

Favourite restaurant in Winnipeg - Edit

This is a great restaurant! Spicy mushrooms are a must, as is the eggplant in black bean sauce. Lemongrass tofu is another great one... oh, and the 8 treasures. Mmmmm.

Pros: Great servers, Delicious food, Moderate prices

Cons: Sometimes busy, Food arrives at different times

Wonderful all around - Edit

Delicious Vegetarian is awesome! It is my family's favourite restaurant in Winnipeg . The food, service and prices are all great. Their spicy peanut soup makes a great winter dinner.

Pros: Great food, friendly staff, low prices

THE best Chinese in town - Edit

Even better - its 100% vegan. Even the leftovers smell and taste just as good. Price is great. We had 3 dishes for 2 of us and it cost $26.00 and we had leftovers. We are not interested in faux meat, but you could take a non vegan/vegetarian and I am sure they would not know the difference. Not all the dishes came at once, but it was worth it. Its a shame its about a 30-45min drive for us, but we try to go there or take out 1 or 2 times a month.

Pros: Taste, value, freshness

Delicious is best restaurant in town - Edit

When we moved to Winnipeg a few years ago we were so happy to be introduced to Delicious! One of my favorite restaurant's anywhere, let alone Winnipeg.

Try the Spicy Salty Mushrooms and Deep Fried Tofu with Peanut or Szechwan sauce. It's really not expensive and the portions are huge so you if you can stop yourself there should be lots to take home.

So lucky to have such a great restaurant in Winnipeg!

Pros: Excellent Food, Spicy Salty Mushrooms

We were in Winnipeg on the LongWeekend(Labour Day) - Edit

So, we didn't get to try this place. We went there twice, different days, different hours: CLOSED. *cries* Anyway, we took pics of their opening hours- for our Across Canada website.
Wished they had posted the CLOSED for Labour Day sign one day earlier (the first time we went there).

reccommended lunches - Edit

good lunches, best bang for your buck.. good location right on main road (pembina highway); too salty so ask for a lower sodium meal if you don't want to be thirsty for the rest of the day; dinner prices a bit high, take-out good though, fast service; friendly, family run

Pros: huge menu, cheap lunches, fast service

Cons: too salty, pricey dinner

Return to Winnipeg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Delicious Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6361 times since Aug 2007.