First Review by Estebano

Bijou Bistro - Edit

This is a small and quirky bistro, and it is definitely more like eating at a friend's house than a conventional restaurant. The owner is very friendly, and passionate about all things vegan. There are two lovely dogs - Axl and Schoko, who have perfect manners. The food is very good indeed, and cooked fresh for each person. I really hope that Martina is able to move into a larger premises so that more people can enjoy the meals and the company.

Pros: Very friendly, Freshly cooked, tasty food, 100% vegan

Cons: Small

this a Special place - Edit

Reading of what "Ryecatcher" wrote before. I fully agree with that...the place is special but the Food was very good. I wouldn't go with everybody here.
But I would clearly recommend it, try it, it is worth doing so and Martina is an interesting Person to chat with. She has a clear vision of a better world....

Not an ordinary restaurant - Edit

Decoyed by the many positive reviews here I decided to give Delicious Vegan a try and went there three weeks ago. I intended to eat an early lunch, but sadly no one was there. There was advertising panel outside, stating the daily menu, but there was also a "back in 10 minutes"-note at the door. After waiting for about 20 minutes I left and came back in the evening.
I think it's quite important to understand what you get yourself into by visiting Delicious Vegan as it's no ordinary restaurant. First of all, it's really tiny inside, there are two small tables and a bar with few stools or something, and it's really cramped. In addition to that there was a huge dog basket with two grown dogs inside.
Martina, the owner, is a host who cares about her guests, she is very welcoming and imparting. There were few books of hers lying around, something about cooking, health, pets, I don't really remember.
However, I got a dish with rice noodles, some vegetables and peanut-like sauce. Nothing too special in my opinion, but tasty and somewhat filling. I noted that Martina pays attention not only to the taste but also quite a bit to the colours of the ingredients. To this a lupines coffee that tasted like Turkish coffee (interesting, never tried it before, not bad). Desserts were out, so that was it.
The food is a bit on the expensive side, which isn't surprising considering that the ower has to make a living from this small eatery. Surely it was an interesting visit and I was satisfied after all, however, Delicious Vegan isn't a restaurant for everybody. Sure, it's centrally located, but the venue isn't really appealing, it just isn't. The ventilation is bad on top of that. It's like a living room someone invited you in to cook for you. But if you're OK with that, don't mind dogs and like to chat, then that's your place!

Pros: personal service, tasty and healthy dishes

Cons: unappealing venue, rather expensive

MartinaHinterwallner 30 Mar 2017 - sometimes i really think, if people dont have other important things to do, to write nearly everything in their reviews. and i think also, that its fair, that also the restaurants gives reviews about their guests: so its really false (thats humans) that some guests are friendly but false, give the felling that they enjoy everything and everything is ok, but after the leave the write reviews like that. i mean this person writes in the review, that there was i sign in front of the door, that i (iam the owner) will come in 10 minutes. Owners of restaurants has a lot to do. the Naschmarket is for the most people the most fancy area in vienna and also everything costs a lot of money and the mainstream is far away from vegan, modern and healthy food. so this is the reason, why i dont have at the moment a bigger restaurant, but i have a small vegan restaurant in the most fancy area in vienna and i spread with my vegan kitchen and the messages on my door (front) the vegansim out, that the not vegan People recognize that the Veganims exists. So you really remember me on one Couple once they were also Guests in my vegan Bistro last year:
The Mother with her Son. They both told me how delicioius my Food is and the Son leaked the Plate after he was finished with the Food. He also had the black Quinoa with creamy Peanutsauce (one of my most popular Dishes) and my special the Raw Wrap of black Quinoa. So i said to the Son, if you like my Food so much that you aso leak the Plate, more People has to know this, because sometimes i get bad reviews from false People they dont have the Taste for my Food or they dont appreciate. And the Mother and the Son, said, yes, thats true we know this kind of People and its a pitty tha this kind of People (mostly non vegans) spread their negativity or negativism unnecessary around. And then they leave. A few Days later, i read their review and she wrotes: Martina ask me if i can write a positive review and i thought thats unusual but a good idea, so write one.
The most diificult thing having a own restaurant is, to make it for everybody right, thats impossible, so i do it like i do it. And yes, my restaurant is personal because of me, and the small size (but i also have a lots of Families they come with their Kids and Parents like from Israel, Argentinia, US...) and i have so many special Guests, they love my atmosphäre, me, my Food and my Power to spread the Veganism in the most fancy Area in Vienna with only not Vegan Restaurants

very recommendable - Edit

As we came in, we got warm welcomed by the owner Martina. At first, i was a little bit surprised, about the small size of the restaurant, but later, it was exactly that size and the very friendly owner, which create such a pleasant atmosphere. The food tasted very good and especially the daily soup was so delicious.
Simply very recommendable .

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-29

MartinaHinterwallner 30 Mar 2017 - thank you so much for your support !! i defently have my restaurants also (veganism, for the animals and the planet) for people like you

Great Vegan dinner - Edit

We really enjoyed having dinner at the Delicious Vegan Bistro. The food was delicious like a home cooked meal and the atmosphere was very welcoming. We enjoyed talking with the owner who was very pleasant.

MartinaHinterwallner 25 Nov 2016 - thank you

Diamond in the rough - Edit

Delicious, a vegan bistro, is the perfect place for a lone wanderer like me looking for some company and yummy vegan food. The owner Martina makes you feel very welcome as soon as you walk in. It doesn't feel like you're in a restaurant but someone's home...a great change from the impersonal, noisy, and fast-paced restaurants that are everywhere. It's small, yes, but that makes it possible to converse with your cook as you wait. The food is exceptional and locally sourced so don't expect it to be cheap. Feel good knowing that you're helping local businesses! This is a diamond in the rough. Go in with no expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly owner, Nice vibe

Give this one a miss!! - Edit

Didn't actually get around to tasting the food as the welcome we got was the rudest welcome I have ever received anywhere!! The owner/ chef quite obviously did not want to serve us and was extremely rude she was more interested in her dogs who quite frankly took up most of the space in the already tiny place and also gave the place a very doggy smell! ( I am a dog lover) however I do not want to share my eating space with someone else's dogs on a night out. My vegan eating experience in Vienna has been exceptional up until tonight. What a shame!

MartinaHinterwallner 22 Nov 2016 - iam so happy that i have so many appreciate and respectfull guests they support me, my restaurant and the veganism worldwide. this kind of people never would write something absolutely wrong like you only to want to harm me or my restaurant. they are not egoistic people !! it was the right decision from me to dont allow you to come in my bistro and eat in my little peacecenter, because my other precious guests and me dont want to have so a negative energy what you spread, while enjoying my delicious, healthy & creativ vegan food. They Dogs were the dogs from my guests, so you dont know whats going on when you are infront of the restaurant only for 1 minute. Unbelivieble people like you that to you want to harm other people with their vegan restaurant, i mean you will harm the veganism with this generelly.

Fantastic little place! - Edit

Our visit really brightened up an already sunny day in Vienna. The raw vegan pizza and satay quinoa were both unbelievably tasty and the owner was warm and friendly. Would definitely recommend!

Pros: Lots of care goes into each dish.

Small bistro - Edit

We came here after having found that the other place we wanted to go to was already closed. We could choose between 3 dishes. I took the black quinoa satay dish and my boyfriend took the black quinoa tamari coconut milk dish. The food was pretty good, as was the matcha lemonade we had. It was quite pricey, though. When we left, the owner kindly asked us to write a nice review on Happy Cow to cover up the bad reviews she got lately. I thought that was kind of weird and pushy, but since we had a good experience I thought I might as well do it.

Pros: healthy and tasty food

Cons: a bit pricey, limited choice

MartinaHinterwallner 22 Nov 2016 - oh my god ! you liked my food so much that i told you that i got a really unthankfull and not appreciate review from someone who doesnt tried my food, because i needed the place for a reservation and when you like my food so much, you can motivate others and write a nice review and you write then that i told you, you have to write a review :D

Colorful meal, enthusiastic owner and great food. - Edit

Me and my boyfriend had the raw wrap and the black quinoa with peanut sauce. Had a lovely time in this cute bistro, very recomended.

Pros: $$$, Localization, Kind owner and good food

Lovely place - Edit

When we were searching for a vegan place in Wien, happy cow showed me this place so we went there. There was a limited choice, but when we got our meal we forgot about it. I had a black quinoa salad with peanut sauce and paksoi and it tasted really great. Also the owner is a lovely woman. We were talking the entire time and it was really cosy. Hope to go back there sometime.

Pros: All vegan and fresh made food, Lovely owner

Cons: We could only choose between 2 or 3 dishes

cosy place to eat - Edit

Had dinner here one night with my husband who isn't vegan.
Loved the simplicity of the place, and the enthusiasm of the lovely lady owner/chef.
Limited choice, but that was OK as we had never been before. The food we had was very nice, and very filling.
If I had been on my own I would have gone again.
If you are a Vegan in Vienna, would recommend you give it a try.

Pros: lovely owner, very enthusiastic about Veganism. , little place, not part of a chain

Cons: limited choice

excellent food. - Edit

we visited here one night during our stay in vienna.
really small place and i first thought it was closed until we noticed some movement inside. we decided to give the lovely and happy chef free hands and surprise us.
and surprised we were.
one of the best vegan meals we have ever tasted. and it was plenty. this is a must go if you are in vienna. no doubt.
dinner for two 26 euros.

Pros: excellent food

Cons: bit pricey but just a bit.

over priced salad. - Edit

Apon arriving I had pizza on my mind, but I was informed that they were out. The lady which seemed to be the owner gave us 3 options. A wrap, bowl, or something else. My girlfriend and I ordered the "wrap" because it had beets and almond butter which we thought sounded interesting.

When the "wraps" arrived what we really got was an arugula salad with a black quinoa cracker. Instantly I was taken back because she said sorry for how hard the "wrap" was and how it was usually softer.

The cracker which was supposed to be the wrap was all broken up, bitter and tasted burnt. Then we got a pile of arugula, avocado, tons of sliced beets, a few pomegranate pieces, and some vinaigrette. No almond butter, salad was dry, and tasted basically like arugula and not much else.

When she seen we were un-happy she came to see what was wrong. We told her it wasn't what we expected for a wrap, we didn't like the cracker, and it tasted kind of basic. She then proceeded to claim how we were the only people ever who have disliked the wrap and it was gluten free is why it was dry. After going back and forth I told her we all have our own opinions.

When we returned she tried to pull up Facebook to further prove that every one loves the wrap and I calmly told her we would like our bill. She returned with a few pieces of sushi which just tasted heavily of balsamic and wasn't good.

Our bill was 27euro after she took 2euro off for not having a fresh wrap. So almost 30 euro for 2 basic salads and water. What really irks me is her knowing how unsatisfied we were and gave us like no discount, 2 euro is kind of a slap in the face. I will commend her by trying to make it right but arguing with a customer is never the correct way. I've been vegan 2 years and eat tons of raw food in California. I have never be so unsatisfied at the cost of a meal.

MartinaHinterwallner 22 Nov 2016 - the raw Wrap of black Quinoa is my most popular dish and 97% of my guests really appreciate this kind of modern, creativ, tasty & healthy food. its not only a salad (salads gerally are great). its a raw wrap of black quinoa with red beet spaghetti, rucola, pesto, avocado, pomegranate and a refreshing dressing. i cell organic food, so you cant compair mainstream coffee, drinks or food with organic products and i also have a lot of popular and high quality organic lavels of the food from my dishes. my raw wrap of black quinoa its not a wheat flour wrap !!

Yummy food and great atmosphere! - Edit

My boyfriend and I had dinner here the other day and really enjoyed the food. The raw quinoa wrap as well as the black quinoa with peanut sauce and pak choi were delicious. The place is small but cozy and the owner, Martina, is a lovely person who is really passionate about veganism and loves to have good talks with her patrons from all over the world.
Definitely a recommendation!

Pros: Delicious food, Positive atmosphere, Friendly, warm-hearted owner/chef

More, please! - Edit

I had the pleasure of eating two meals here during my recent stay in Vienna. For dinner I had the quinoa-zucchini-bok choy dish with satay sauce. For lunch I had the raw quinoa wrap with avocado-arugula-beets-pomegranate. I also had matcha and wheatgrass juices. Everything was excellent. Although the Bistro is small in size, it's big on menu options, it's cozy atmosphere, and the love that owner and chef Martina puts into making delicious meals and connecting with her patrons. You'll feel like you're eating at the home of a good friend rather than just a restaurant. I highly recommend it. I wish my stay had been longer so that I could go back for more!

Pros: Delicious food, Good value and portion size, Warmth and friendliness

excellent Food from an Angel - Edit

i visited this peacefull Bistro today with my Firends and we where impressed. The Food is excellent, tasty not expensive and very nice done. i felt really good after the lunch, my Friends (not vegan) also. i had the Black Rice Noodles and my Friends the black Quinoa with Peanutscreme and a raw Wrap with Black Quinoa. It was so delicious, it was amazing. We had a very nice talk with the beautiful and very kindley Owner and with the other Guests. The atmosphere were great. iam really happy to found such a wounderfull place like that. thank you for the owner, this taff beatiful girl that she is working hard to make such a special place for her costumers. everybody will miss a really good food, if they dont join this place.

Pros: friendly, nice talks, excellent food

very tasty food and enthousiastic & compassionate owner! - Edit

i went there for lunch and had the raw zucchini noodles. The dish was very tasty, filling (avocado mmmm!) and freshly made. The tiny terrace is cute and makes you socialize with other customers. The owner is really enthousiastic and compassionate! Highly recommandable place!!

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Delicious Vegan Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.