Delicias Naturales

Contact 9671488061

Real de Guadalupe 84, San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico, 29230

Menu offers quesadilla, veggie burgers, smoothies, salads, pasta, fresh fruit, and more. Sources fresh produce from local organic growers. Also sells organic coconut oil as well as other organic products from the region. Est. 2015. Open Tue-Sun 9:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by ZacS

Must go when in San Cristobal - Edit

We loved this place! First of all, great food and drinks and vegan options. We hadn't had lunch and were quite hungry so being used to small portions both ordered a starter and a main, but portions here are very good so we even had some leftovers (place offers doggybags). we had salad, curried potatoes, burritos and pasta and it was all tasty.

The owner really made it a great experience though. A very passionate and knowledgeable man. Was great to meet him, very gezellig!

Pros: Good food, Good portions, The owner

An outstanding experience - Edit

Delicias Naturales would already be awesome if it was just about its delicious and affordable food. You won't be disappointed with a veggie burger or burrito with a homemade juice, and the fried korean celery balls entry is just amazing.

However, the soul of this friendly little restaurant lies in its inspiring chef owner, who's one of the most charming people I met in San Cristobal. Apart from being a talented cook, Leo is a brilliant painter, guitarist and singer, a curious, open and warm person I've really been honored to meet.

I can say my visits at Delicias Naturales have been as inspiring as they've been delicious!

Pros: Excellent food, Charming owner, Friendly atmosphere

Excellent excellent brilliant excellent. - Edit

I loved this restaurant and health store. I can also see why it has yet to recieve a negative review. The owner was friendly and passionate. I ate there today and wanted to leave my first ever review for this place. The food was honestly that good, I hope to go again.
Very highly recommend.

Pros: Warm reception, Flavoursome food, Lovely vibe

Cons: Dont have any

YUMMY VEGAN FOOD! - Edit

This was a great find just a couple blocks away from the main street! I spotted the vegan sign at the front door - nice touch!

The lentil burger is sooooo yummy!! The vegan mayo and pesto are both incredible and the pineapple is a nice touch. I really liked how it was a soft burger pattie :D

The vegan cake is also so yummy!!! Smothered in strawberry milkshake - nom nom nom! I would really love to see this whole space go cruelty free (VEGAN LOVE!)

The staff are very friendly ! I will definitely be back!

A veggie vegan oasis - Edit

I think the other reviews have probably said it all. The place is very small, it's a five or ten minute walk from the centre of town, but just round the corner from Le Gite de Sol, which is where I stayed.

Very friendly owner, great veggie / vegan food. If you're veggie and are in San Cris: Go.

I recommend the Asian style veg dish with lots of ginger.

Pros: Great food, Friendly., Family run business

Cons: Small, Fairly limited menu

Not exactly a veggie burger, but great nonetheless - Edit

This is a very tiny spot that will be packed in the busy season. The food was excellent although they veggie "burger" is more of a lentil spread, so if you're looking for some sort of patty, you'll be disappointed. It was very good anyway and this seems to be the M.O. here in San Cristobal. We tried 3 different veggie burgers and none of them were true patties. The agua del día was incredible, as were the desserts.

The owner is super friendly and we chatted with him for a while because it was slow.

He also sells legit coconut oil that he jars himself. This was great for us after throwing away the garbage they were selling in Mazunte.

Delicious!!! - Edit

We arrived in San Cristobal in the evening and were starving, so we headed out to Delicias naturales right away. Both of us ordered the veggie burger as we were both taco-d out. The lentil burger came open faced on a fresh toasted baguette with avocado and tomatoes, and a side of melon.

The burger was super tasty and filling. We also ordered a vegan chocolate milk that was delicious. The organic cacao beans were ground up when we ordered the drink. For dessert we shared a vegan chocolate cake with banana sauce. It too was very good. Not too sweet, but just sweet enough to satisfy our sweet tooth.

We'll be returning.

Pros: Reasonable prices , Very friendly , Great service

delicious - Edit

This restaurant is on the main drag in San Cristobal but it's another couple blocks down from where most of the action is. It's a tiny little restaurant with only a few tables and a connected kitchen in the back. As we were there they were leaving for local markets to get some of their ingredients. It is run by a man and a woman and their daughter was hanging out too helping with menus. They were all extremely pleasant and the man also spoke english very well and had lived in the U.S. for a number of years.

The menu was very small but I did not mind because the food was great. All the food is vegetarian and most of it can be made vegan too. I got a veggie burger which was amazing and my father got a sandwich that he thought was very good. They also had juices, waters, and sold just a few products like coconut oil.

They had vegan chocolate cake for desert. Like most baked goods in Chiapas, they use a lot less sugar than we do in the United States which I appreciated. The cake was quite a bit dry but otherwise was good.

I highly recommend this hole in the wall kitchen.

Pros: extremely friendly staff, vegan options for dishes

Cons: small menu

Name of restaurant says it all!! - Edit

When I was visiting San Cristobal, I had visited this wuiet little restaurant and was very pleased by the atmosphere and the food. The owner, Leo, was very customer centric and an absolute delight to talk to. I enjoyed his company and the incredibly delicious omelette with fresh veggies, bread and tea. I want more!!

Pros: Oener very friendly, Food super fresh, Delicious!!

Cons: Nothing

Went back for more - Edit

Get the pasta! It's incredibly unique, sweet and spicy, and incredibly fresh. Can see everything being made before you. Hot chocolate is easily the best I've tried in a very long time. Owner is super friendly and has great English. More vegetarian than vegan options.

Pros: Unique, Friendly staff

Cons: Not super cheap, Needs more vegan options

Great people, great food - Edit

Leo, the owner is a fabulous cook, artist and person.
We enjoyed his smoothies, veggie burgers, soups, music and company while staying here.
A cozy little place you can call home.
P.S.
Great black coffee.
enjoy!

Pros: Great food, Great people, cozy and homy

Cons: a little tight, especially the bathroom

Vegan friendly and friendly! - Edit

Found this place by mistake, and ran in after seeing the sign "vegan" - chatted with the owner and his English student for ages, before coming back to have lunch! The food was amazing, heaps of choice, fully vegetarian, and the owner's really nice and attentive! :)

Little gem near the centre - Edit

Friendly little cafe with just a few tables, serving delicious homemade vegetarian and vegan food.

We had soup, calabacita (little squashes) which was incredibly tasty, flavoured with ginger and a little black pepper, topped with a piece of delicious cheese (the owner/chef asked us first if we ate cheese) and a frijole (bean) soup, which was equally yummy and surprisingly filling. Both were accompanied by toasted local bread with a pesto dip.

The homemade chocolate cake looked very tempting and we were so glad we indulged. Light, but packed with flavours of ground coffee and orange zest. Others had the vegan burgers while we were there and really enjoyed them.

The owner is very friendly, speaks several languages and enjoys chatting with the customers in this intimate space. He is also an artist and his brightly coloured paintings adorn the walls. It's a good place to chat with other customers, too, as the space is small, so it's easy to join in the conversation.

What a shame we found this little gem on our last day in San Cristobal. Or maybe our waistlines will thank us for it, as that chocolate cake is way too moreish!

Pros: The food, Friendliness, Value

Cons: Some may want more privacy

Friendly, relaxing and deliciouso. - Edit

Leo's love for food, cooking and communication is all summed up in this nice little restaurant which offers yummy veg food at a reasonable price. I had caught a slight cold the night before and Leo's soup of the day and vegan baguette dish, hot ginger tea with honey and pleasant conversation (in English!) warmed up my body and soul :) I would definitely go again!

Pros: Vegan friendly, good food, reasonable price, nice

Cons: none

Delicious, friendly, near the city centre - Edit

I stumbled across this place while wandering in San Cris. What a delight!

The owner was a friendly, entertaining guy who cooked me a lovely lunch. I didn`t have enough money on me to get a drink as well, but he gave me one free of charge.

I cant recommend this place highly enough, really. THe food was quick, delicious, healthy and as ethically sourced as possible.

5 stars, would definitely eat there again if I was in town.

Pros: ethical, delicious, healthy

An oasis in San Cristóbal - Edit

So glad to have found Leo's little restaurant which serves fantastic fresh food. His menu features a variety of Mexican classics with a vegetarian twist as well as some creations of his own all served with warm hospitality. If you need a break from the usual fare offered elsewhere you'll be refreshed by the food here and greeted with great friendliness. I couldn't recommend Delicias Naturales more highly.

Pros: Delicious, clean and simple food, A friendly and obliging host, Great music

Return to San Cristobal De Las Casas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Delicias Naturales closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1026 times since May 2015.