Deli Jasmin

• ( 8 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Garden breakfast/lunch restaurant decorated with plants. Small healthy menu; most breakfast options that use eggs can be served with scrambled tofu instead. Also salads with sprouting seeds, a couple of main courses with option of tofu or tempeh, has brown rice, fresh juices, and smoothies. No smoking. Open Mon 8:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm. Closes 6pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Breakfast, Guatemalan, Non-veg

First Review by duende

Joschua

Points +120

16 Jun 2021

Delicious juices

We had no food there (not that much vegan options available).We tried the delicious juices. Verz good. The restaurant is very nice with beautiful flowers and other plants. We saw a colibri next to our table.

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-16

Jolle!

Points +179

16 Jun 2021

Not many vegan options, nice location

We did not eat there (not many vegan options), green fresh juice was good.

BlackSeaStorm61

Points +54

Non Veg
30 Mar 2021

I went there twice and wasn't able to eat anything

On my first visit to this restaurant, I made it there close to closing time. I asked the lady if they were still serving food. She looked at the clock, took a second to think about it, and said no. I think there was still time to serve me, but she just didn't want to make an effort to accommodate me.

I returned the next day, a few hours earlier than the previous day. I asked if I could seat at any of the tables. The answer was yes. I sat at a table. Pretty quickly a waitress brought me a menu. After that, no one showed up. I glanced at the kitchen area several times try to eye contact with one of the employees. One of them was eating while working. The employees were chatting between them. No of them cared about me. I waited a good 15 minutes, no one showed up to take my order. I decided to leave.

I really don't understand this kind of attitude. There are a ton of jobless people who would love to have a position in a nice restaurant like this one.

I'm sure the food is good at this place, but I don't think I will return. When I feel like my presence is an annoyance to the staff or if I feel a lack of respect I tend to lose my appetite. I rather support businesses that are customer centered and motivated to work.

Pros: Perfectly located, Peaceful environment, The menu looks good

Cons: Unprofessional attitude , Lack of motivation, Unfriendly stafff

Wendy5l27

Points +24

21 Jun 2019

Healthy yummy options

Healthy and yummy

Pros: Around 3-4 vegan options , Very clean and cute

Cons: Employees took way too long to serve us , They forgot the drink I really wanted to try

TeodoroLaurain

Points +23

Vegetarian
09 Oct 2018

Veggie heaven

This is My favorite restaurant for Vegetarian food on the lake. Lots of choices with tempeh and tofu. Try the deli special for breakfast with scrambled tofu. Tofu and Tempeh sandwiches. The rice and vegetable with peanut sauce is very good with lots of veggies and can be done with tofu or tempeh. It might be sauteed in butter so if You are vegan ask and they will do it with oil. They also have carrot juice and some other green and healthy drinks.

czarinajoanne

Points +74

Vegetarian
17 Mar 2018

Beautiful setting, good veg options

Deli Jasmin, as we discovered our first night in Pana, is open only for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, you can head for their sibling establishment Deli Llama (which we did). Jasmin is set back from the street -- you wouldn't even know you're right on Santander, as it feels like dining in a garden, tranquil and relaxing. There's a good selection of well-marked vegetarian options, plus interesting drinks (I had a lemonade with chia described as the national beverage!) The best veg restaurant we visited in Pana.

Pros: Setting, Veg options, Prompt service

Tranaya

Points +317

19 May 2013

My go-to restaurant in Panajachel

The Deli was the first restaurant I went to in Panajachel on my first trip here in 2009. I've been back dozens of times. Both locations are nice--the upper deli (Fuego) for people-watching and the lower deli (Jasmin) for a garden setting.

They have a good selection of tasty vegan dishes. My favorites are the vegetable curry with brown rice and the soba noodles with vegetables and sesame. You can't beat the price of the curry special--Q35 for a big plate. They have a number of vegan sandwiches, including avocado, hummus, tofu, and tempeh.

There's something for everyone at breakfast. The Mexican potatoes are outstanding. The Deli Special with tofu is my usual choice--tofu with tomato and onion served with a generous helping of potatoes. I ask for tortillas instead of bread.

I've had people tell me they tried to go to the Deli but they were closed. Each location is closed one day a week. If one is closed, you can go to the other one.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Nice people

Cons: Service is sometimes slow

duende

Points +37

18 Jan 2011

Excellent stir fries

The Deli is well known through out the community where you can get good food at a good price. As a vegan I can enjoy a curry and veggie dish as well as the veggie and peanut sauce. Vegetarians can eat here quite happily. I'd give the Deli 5 cows for these dishes but I'm limited to 4 cows since they are rated veggie friendly

Pros: tastey, clean, friendly

Return to Panajachel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Deli Jasmin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.