Deli Jasmin - Llama de Fuego

• Veg-friendly
Contact 502-7762-2585

Calle Santander, Panajachel, Guatemala,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small place decorated with plants. Small healthy menu, with most breakfast options that use eggs can be served with scrambled tofu instead. Also salads with sprouting seeds, a couple of main courses with option of tofu or tempeh, has brown rice, fresh juices, and smoothies. No smoking.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Guatemalan, Non-veg

First Review by duende

My go-to restaurant in Panajachel - Edit

The Deli was the first restaurant I went to in Panajachel on my first trip here in 2009. I've been back dozens of times. Both locations are nice--the upper deli (Fuego) for people-watching and the lower deli (Jasmin) for a garden setting.

They have a good selection of tasty vegan dishes. My favorites are the vegetable curry with brown rice and the soba noodles with vegetables and sesame. You can't beat the price of the curry special--Q35 for a big plate. They have a number of vegan sandwiches, including avocado, hummus, tofu, and tempeh.

There's something for everyone at breakfast. The Mexican potatoes are outstanding. The Deli Special with tofu is my usual choice--tofu with tomato and onion served with a generous helping of potatoes. I ask for tortillas instead of bread.

I've had people tell me they tried to go to the Deli but they were closed. Each location is closed one day a week. If one is closed, you can go to the other one.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Nice people

Cons: Service is sometimes slow

Excellent stir fries - Edit

The Deli is well known through out the community where you can get good food at a good price. As a vegan I can enjoy a curry and veggie dish as well as the veggie and peanut sauce. Vegetarians can eat here quite happily. I'd give the Deli 5 cows for these dishes but I'm limited to 4 cows since they are rated veggie friendly

Pros: tastey, clean, friendly

Return to Panajachel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Deli Jasmin - Llama de Fuego closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 919 times since Sep 2009.