REMOVED: Delhi Kitchen

Contact 858-385-0165

11975 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, California, USA, 92128

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food, casual atmosphere with counter-ordering. Bollywood movies playing in the dining room. Nov 2014 removed from HappyCow for lack of veg.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SaraGale

Service is substandard, food ok - Edit

I went to Delhi Kitchen for the first time today. I thought maybe since I work nearby weekdays, I could add this to my list of lunch take-outs. After my 5:30 pm visit, there is no way I would risk my lunch time for such poor service. I ordered the 3 vege dinner plate To-Go. The server was good natured and helpful, and placed my selected items on a tray. The naan was prepared fresh, but I didn't have to wait long. I told her specifically that I do not want any dairy, as I am vegan. So, she then asked me if I wanted yogurt. When the Naan came out, it was covered with butter. Unbelievable! When I paid my $7.07 by cash, with a $50 and 7 cents, she gave me my change - $22.00. My math says %50.07 minus $7.07 should be $43.00. But, she then pretended to not understand the problem. I will call the management on Monday to complain about being so badly short-changed, and given buttered Naan when I said no paneer, no yogurt, no ghee. Food was ok - as is the case with most Indian food, it is cooked until limp and mushy (not crisp and fresh). But the spices were great.

Let's see. Not given my order as take-out. Given Naan buttered with ghee. Badly short-changed!

How does this business stay in business?

Pros: Spices and spicy was great

Cons: My Take-Out request ignored, Ignored my "no paneer, no raita, no ghee, Short-changed by $21.00

Delicious and Inexpensive - Edit

This place offers authentic Indian food (so if you don't like it spicy, this may not be the place for you) at great prices! I've been here for lunch several times and you can get two entrees, rice, yogurt or salad, and naan (indian pita bread) for under $6! Their menu rotates and it's "counter-style". Each time I have gone there are about 6 or 7 entrees at the counter and 4-5 of them are vegetarian. It's a cute, hole-in-the-wall kind of place with very friendly staff. Also, the samosas are amazing and they are two for $3!

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Delhi Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 837 times since Jul 2009.