Deity of Miracle Vegan Resto

• Vegan
Contact 081236536815

Jalan Nakula 18D, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia,

Vegan restaurant located to the left of Rofa Galleria Hotel. Serves many varieties of mock meats, plus vegetable, salad, rice, noodle, desserts, and a juice bar. Prior to March 2013 was at Jl. Sunset Road 88, Kuta.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Juice bar, Balinese, Indonesian

First Review by Perth Geoff

Couldn't find it - Edit

we had a frustrating time trying to find this place. We wasted $10 driving around in a cab looking for it at both the address listed and near the mentioned shopping centre, all to no avail. Very disappointed. I only entered the two cows because you have to in order to post a review

Cons: couldnt find it

It's just okay compared to everywhere else! - Edit

Hard to find and doesn't taste that great, but the two people working there were awesome and fun. The only fake meat they had was the satay and it was pretty good. The rest we got as take out. The fried spring rolls were breaded mixed vegetables which was different. We got noodles and mixed vegetables that were pretty good and the Lemongrass water spinach wasn't so good. My girlfriend who's a human garbage disposal couldn't even eat it. They are so nice here but need better food. The map is right and they're right next to the Rofa Galleria Hotel!!! :)

Go to this restaurant! - Edit

Loved this restaurant. It's very spacious and open but no one else was eating there for dinner which sucks because the food is fantastic and the place is awesome. Coming back here whenever I can.

Pros: great variety, good value, spacious

A nice experience - Edit

We visisted this restaurant twice in October. The first thing I want to flag to people is that currently the map location shown on happycow is NOT correct. Take the advice of the last reviewer as it is located next to the CarreFour department store (if the taxi driver is unsure where the restaurant is tell them it is about 100m before CarreFour on the same side of the road).
Once we managed to find the place we enjoyed the majority of dishes. It is quite mock meaty so you don't walk out feeling like you have had the healthiest meal. Our favourite dishes would have been the satay skewers and the nasi goreng. The least enjoyable dish was the sauteed spinach because it was a huge dish and had a lot of chilli in it - we don't mind hot food but it was a bit too much for the size of the dish.
The traffic is a bit annoying but it is offest by the lovely restaurant setting.

Pros: Price, Restaurant setting

Cons: On a very busy road

Great Food - Edit

Deity of Miracle is a lovely restaurant in Bali.A lot of the taxi drivers don't know where it is located,if you tell them it's just before Carrefour shopping centre they will find it.It's worth looking for !! The food is amazing,best I've had in Bali.The service is friendly, it's very clean. Definitely highly recommended, even for non- vegans !!

Pros: excellent food, clean, friendly staff

Cons: maybe a bigger sign out the front

Excellent. Worth the Effort to Get There! - Edit

We ate at Miracle of Deity on two occasions in August 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

There is a huge picture menu, with a lot of faux meat options (plenty of other options though, if faux meat isn't your thing). The dishes are mainly Indonesian fare with some Malaysian/Chinese/Taiwanese influence. I was particularly fond of the rendang (though it was a fairly small serving), the 'green rice', and both of the mushroom dishes we had - one being a fried mushroom entree, the other being a thick sweet and sour style mushroom dish. The food isn't especially healthy, with a bit of deep frying and heavy sauces etc, but that's not my priority when I'm travelling, so I loved it. We ordered a *lot* of food, and the bill was somewhere around the 150,000 IRP mark each time, including fresh juices.

The elevated 'gazebo' layout of the restaurant was really nice. The front and back of the restaurant beaing completely open meant we enjoyed a gentle breeze whilst eating, and could overlook the garden at the back of the restaurant. Imagine it would be quite atmospheric in wet season.

It's a bit tricky to get to, being a few kilometres out of the nearest tourist centres, but worth the effort. It's a little further south on Jl Sunset Road than indicated on the Happy Cow Google Map, but it's fairly difficult to miss. Keep an eye out for the huge Carrefour shopping centre - it's a couple of hundred metres north of that on the same side of the road.

Would be great to see these guys do well.

Pros: Huge Variety, Picture Menu, Friendly Staff

Cons: Tricky to Get to

Fantastic food in a relaxing setting - Edit

This place is huge, elegantly decorated and in a tranquil garden settling overlooking the rice fields. At first we didn't think it was open as there were many potted plants all around the steps up to the main enterance, so we found a stairwell up to the dining room.

The staff were very pleasant. We were the only customers there but that could be due to the time of being late afternoon.

The menu consisted of mainly Indonesian dishes with pictures. I chose the Nasi Rangdang. For the price it was a cheap meal and sizable meal. There was rice, tempeh, sambal and another soy protein. The absolute shiny and deliciously tasty star of this dish was the mushroom rangdang. (I'm salivating now just thinking about it!) the dark curry sauce was well balanced, rich and slightly sweet. The mushrooms were shredded and clumped together and reminded me of what a beef stew was like as a kid. One of the best curries I've ever had........ Perfect:)

The one issue for this restaurant is it's location. It's on a main road near a shopping centre, so I can't imagine that thre would be many tourists catching a taxi the just for lunch but perhaps they would take the short walk, as we did, after our shopping visit.

I'll be taking another visit out there as I've been thinking about that curry a little too much! I really should explore their menu a little more and add to this review but it might be a little hard.

Find this place and enjoy. Take a big group :)

Pros: Traditional Indo food, Decor and garden, Helpful staff

Cons: Location

Its a miracle.... - Edit

I went to this restaurant many times, with my fiancee who is really not a vegetarian. And we both felt in love with this place and with the food. Its delicious, the place is peaceful, its really really a place to go eat. They are open until 10pm, you can also order for take away. Like others said... very very few customers know that place. Hope it will get more success in near futur because they derserve it. Go there... you wont regret.

Pros: Delicious, Nice hut if you want a romantic dinner, Friendly staff

Cons: No raw food

Beautiful location and lovely food - Edit

It was only a 20 minute walk from our hostel located near legion. It's near the Carrefour mall (which we picked up some vegan dark chocolate at after dinner). We took a super cheap cab ride back to our hostel. We had 4 dishes, 2 juices and 2 bottle waters and it was around $15.00 Canadian. Very good value. The restaurant is beautiful and looks over a great green space. I adored the sate dish (we ordered a second one!) the sweet fried rice was also great.

Pros: Beautiful setting , Good value, Delicious

support this restaurant! - Edit

After eating a fantastic vegan meal here, the staff remarked that they have had too few customers lately. I really hope people start frequenting this place, it's simply excellent. The small bales behind the main restaurant have a lovely view of the rice fields and provide a romantic setting for a sunset dinner. The food is fantastic...I had a mushroom rendang that was the best I'd eaten in ages. Please give this place a try; you will love it!

Pros: excellent cuisine with great variety

Cons: too few customers! the place should be packed

Totally awesome food, service and experience - Edit

Was recommended Deity by friends and it was magic.
The setting ... looking out over the rice paddies with cows munching away, the cool breeze blowing and the beautiful kites flying in the sky. A place to really sit and enjoy the food and contemplate life.
The service ... so friendly, very quick and helpful. Great recommendations too!
The food .... Wow! Just awesome food. The sizzling water spinach, crispy gluten, rendang, and crispy tempeh were oozing flavor. You also must try the miracle of crispy, wont give anything away except its very yummy.
The amazing thing is you get all of this for about AUD7.00 each and that is stuffing yourself.

Pros: Very tasty, Cheap, Awesome setting

Cons: Limited dessert options

Largest veggie restaurant in Bali undiscovered - Edit

Just a few months old (as of April 2011), this restaurant pairs an extensive selection of vegan dishes (a mix of mock meat, tofu, tempeh, and vegetables) with a gorgeous setting. You walk up steps beside a fountain, the dining room overlooks a nicely manicured lawn surrounded by huts for additional seating, and a brightly lit display of buddhas showers the entire dining room with light.

Pros: Gorgeous setting, Lots of choices

Cons: Poor English

Awesome place - Edit

This place is great! Super tasty food, great price, mega fast service and all really friendly. You can see the cows chewing away in the rice paddy too :) Definitely worth a visit. The serve sizes for the mains are reasonable, but the soup size is more like a bucket! Great asparagus soup! This place is only a few doors down from Sari Organic Cafe at Little Tree. Didn't get a chance to visit this place though, ran out of time :(

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Deity of Miracle Vegan Resto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3018 times since Jan 2011.