First Review by drocra

Vegan Paradise. Get here. - Edit

It warms my heart to know a place like this exists. Jen and Harry are gracious hosts and wonderful human beings. The Key Deer are absolutely adorable. Jen cooks up a mean vegan breakfast that is truly outstanding. I've traveled a great deal and I can honestly say, this will go down as one of the most memorable vacations of my life. Deer Run B&B should be on every vegan's bucket list. Plan a whole vacation around this place. Stay a week. Breathe. Relax. Let your cares drift away.

Pros: Jen's cooking, Eco-friendly, Peaceful

a slice of vegan heaven - Edit

Where to start? Deer Run is a slice of heaven. Very apropos that we stayed in the "Heaven" room, upstairs and oceanfront with a lovely screen porch to enjoy the views from. There is a saltwater pool and spa as well as kayaks available for the ocean and a pass to the nearby Bahia Honda beach. The entire inn is absolutely vegan, so it's lovely to enjoy a vacation without a single worry. It's also green as much as possible, from the landscaping to the flushable composting toilet to the curtains and bedding. The breakfasts are organic and divine. They alternate days between sweet and savory. We got pancakes, frittata with potatoes and waffles. Everything is served with a baked good (i.e. muffin, scone) and fruit. Smoothies and great coffee too! There are Key deer all over the island and they are quite friendly, so it's hard to resist feeding them (it's against the law too). Best of all are the innkeepers, Jen and Harry. They are vegans trying to share the message with their community. Most guests are not vegan either, so it's a wonderful opportunity to plant seeds. As fellow vegans, we enjoyed chatting with them and hearing about their experiences in the Keys. Defintely take them up on their recommendations! We hope to someday return as it was difficult to leave.

Pros: all vegan, wonderful innkeepers, lovely location

Perfect honeymoon location - Edit

My husband and I are both vegan, and we wanted a B&B for our honeymoon that would be accomodating. We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw this place. Warm, welcoming proprietors. Tiny key deer wandering through the property. Sangria nights. Moonlit hammock on the beach. Saltwater pool. The most amazing vegan breakfasts we've ever had. We're saving to go back!

Pros: staff, location, food

Cons: none

Return to Big Pine Key Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Deer Run Bed and Breakfast closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2850 times since Apr 2011.