CLOSED: Deeg

Contact 0302331104

Lange Nieuwstraat 71, Utrecht, Netherlands, 3512 PE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves organic food and works with fair-trade and environment- friendly materials. About 50% of the starters and 30% of the main courses are vegetarian. As a starter you choose 3 small dishes which are served on one plate. PER ITS WEBPAGE LAST DAY SEPT 20, 2014.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by marieke.head

Delectable food for a night out - Edit

My husband took me here to celebrate my new job offer. He called ahead (1 1/2 hours before our reservation) to let them know that we're vegan. If you're vegetarian there are both appetizers and main courses that you can order from the menu (which is often a rarity itself in Utrecht). The food was out of this world, considering that restaurants in Utrecht generally tend to charge quite a bit for low quality/unoriginal food. The staff were very knowledgeable in terms of what vegan is and what it was that we could have. It was a bit expensive but the portions were reasonable (my husband wasn't hungry after the meal) and it's definitely more of a place for a celebration or a nicer meal out! We'll definitely be going back!

Pros: knowledgeable staff, high quality, local and organic

Cons: expensive, vegans need to call ahead, non-vegetarian

Return to Utrecht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Deeg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.