First Review by fenwayfan1

Kind Place - Edit

I was surprised to see that there was a bad review for Debbies Health Foods store. I've been going here for years and the service is always good. Especially lately, as they seem to have hired even more kind workers. I usually go in with my mom and they are always nice and helpful to us. Many of the workers even know us and keep us up to date on the shipments of things that we buy as our staple items. They even have a discount day called Rainbow Tuesday, the first Tuesday of every month where everything (except produce) is 20% off. Not everything is cheap here, but they have some specialty items that we like that we can't find anywhere else, since we're Vegan. Overall I feel like they have been constantly improving their business and customer service. I love going here and giving our business to a local business.

Pros: Friendly Staff

debbies health food orange city florida - Edit

Idon't usually write reviews,but I went out of my way to write this one. I was so excited to discover a healthfood store near me. I am so insulted and outraged,I will never go back! I'm not sure who all I had contact with because they don't wear nametags. In the past 2 weeks I have spent over $400 there on oils,deodorant and gluten free foods. I was approach and watched each time and treated like a criminal. This past Friday,I came in to buy specific oils that I had saved up for. There were testers that I smelled on a previous visit.I came in just to buy these oils and was so excited that I opened my bottle on the way to the register to smell how great it was (I was excited) I was approached and told that I needed to smell the testers. I explained that I was buying it. I got a nasty glance and a verbal slight. Last week I came in to get other oils and chemical free laundry detergent and dryer sheets, I was followed through the entire store,it was more than obvious. I feel like I am seen as a criminal when I come in that store.I also brought my 3 year old daughter in when I was looking/buying deodorant,shampoo and conditioner. I was flat out told that she can't touch anything although she was holding what I was purchasing. Target sells mrs. Meyers,and its cheaper. I won't feel like I am being followed there. My sister sells doterra,I will now buy my oils from her. Publix sells enough gluten free stuff for me to make due. I was trying to support a local business,but their blatant treatment of customers as criminals has turned me off. So done! FOR THE OWNER OF THIS STORE,THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE MONEY ARE THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE TO DRESS AND ACT LIKE THEY DO! After searching other reviews,apparently I'm not the only one that feels this way.VERY uncomfortable each time I go there. You just lost a loyal customer.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 18, 2014

Pros: local, gluten free food

Cons: treated as a criminal every visit, no name tags, rude

Return to Orange City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Debbies Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1264 times since Aug 2007.