First Review by Colby

Great veggie lunch/to go options - Edit

Deans is so much more than the typical natural food store. They have a large organic salad bar plus daily soups and a great variety of pre-made veggie sandwiches including blackened tofu, eggless egg salad, tempeh salad and fakin' bacon. They will also gladly make you a sandwich to you liking. Their juice bar is amazing, with made to order juices and smoothies all using their organic fruits and vegetables. They have a great variety of prepared raw foods like raw "spaghetti" and "meatballs" and many fresh baked vegan cookies and cupcakes. There's a few tables near the registers so you could sit for a moment and enjoy a snack. They also offer free classes on vegan, gluten free and raw foods.
I wish there was a store like this in every city I travel to!

Pros: has prepared foods, variety of vegan food, produce

Happiness in a Cup - Edit

Recently, my boyfriend and I stopped in to Dean's very quickly for a juice and a meal to go. They had some good prepared Vegan options for us by the salad bar (pre-made sandwiches, salads...). And the fellow that prepared my juice was... well, quite enthusiastic about juicing, that's for sure.
I didn't get to explore the store too much, but from what I saw, they have a pretty good selection and aren't too pricey. And if you're into the raw food movement, they've got you covered too. I'd like to go back and see what other veg goodies they've got.

Pros: good selection, organized

Return to Asbury Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dean's Natural Food Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1539 times since Aug 2007.