1 Review

First Review by konlish

Farm Animals Dreamland - Edit

Wow today dispite the rain the turn out at Dean Farm Trust Open day was fantastic! There were over 13 rows of 20 cars by the time we left at 14:30. We arrived at about 10:45 and had to wait in the cars till 11:15 before we were allowed to go inside. There were already 3 rows of cars by then. Each car on average had about 3 people. There were more coming in as we were leaving too. Quite sure there were atleast 1000 people today.

So glad we went straight for the pizza and Vic's cookies and cakes as by the time we came back from looking at all the animals there was a huge queue at Pizza and Vic sold out her 200 cupcakes, 6 cakes and 100 cookies.

It was a great event for the animals. There were food stalls and things stalls. Viva Vegan stall. All on a Sanctuary that had real animals that were all rescued from being slaughtered. It was amazing. I have never seen a sheep run towards people but Eric and April were so friendly. They lickedĀ  food from my hand. I was a bit scared at 1st but they were so gentle. The ponies too were lovely came towards us and I fed them grass which was scary for me as I was afraid they would bit my fingers. But I did it. So many different types of pigs. Some small and short others huge and tall. Not sure what type were the mom who gave birth to 5 piglets but they were friendly too one came towards me when I asked. They did not mind being touched. Saw some of the other pigs run with each other while mud was flying everywhere.

Turkeys never seen a turkey before. All the animals had so much room. So much space to run about. They are so well looked after here each one has a name and a personality the staff know.

We saw some beautiful cows on the adjacent property looking at us and one of the Trustees told us they are on the way to be slaughtered. šŸ˜® How sad.

I think it was a fantastic idea not only to bring funds to the Trust but to make people more aware the best place for a Vegan Festival is on a Sanctuary. Great work with that!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Dedicated staff, Happy and free animals

Return to Shirenewton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dean Farm Trust closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.