Dean and David - Willy-Brandt-Platz

Contact 08966598406

Willy-Brandt-Platz 5, Munich, Germany,

Serves meat, vegan options available. German chain of restaurants with emphasis on fresh and simple food. Offers cold-pressed juices, salads, soups, smoothies, sandwiches. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by emenhir

Healthy food chain - Edit

Dean and David is a chain of health-food styled restaurants with a cozy, relaxed atmosphere, with both, meat and veggie options. The sandwiches and wraps are not vegan so I can´t say anything about those, but you can choose your own salad combinations and that makes it always worth a visit for me, as we also have one in Regensburg where I live. The place in Munich was totally overcrowded that one time I went in, but still it didn´t take long until we received our salads. They were out of tofu that day, but I actually prefer the grilled ball peppers anyway. They also have soups and curry dishes, there should be at least one of both options on the daily menu, if you´re not into salad. The house-made juices are great, and the few times I had coffee there, it was nice too. I think the vegetables and fruits they use are mostly locally grown, but it is not clearly marked if it´s organic or not.

Fresh, Easy Real Food - Edit

In a town of meat-eaters, this place was my go-to. A fresh salad and a vegan sandwich are on the menu as well as smoothies, and other beverages.

Pros: Fresh items, eat in or take away, open til 9ish

Cons: only a few vegan items

Not speciallized for vegetarians; no vegan items - Edit

It's a new food chain that wants to sell catch phrase like "fresh" and "healthy" by offering salads and sandwiches.

But - seriously - I don't know why it's even listed on HappyCow.

Not even half of the menu is VEGETARIAN... with NO standard vegan option á la carte! And we're talking about a sandwich / salad franchise here, bear that in mind.

Okay, if you're vegan, you can order plain salad and add about 10 ingredients (olives, paprika, corn)... but it's basic lettuce and it costs about 8 Euros for 3 chosen ingredients! What's the point of it? Because it's "Food To Go"? Because it's trendy right now for people who don't like to cook? Tourists that don't know any better (places)?

No real alternative for vegetarians or vegans. Please kick it out of the HappyCow listing.

Pros: According to them: 'Fresh' and 'healthy'

Cons: Mass market quality, very expencive, not specialized for vegetarians / vegans

Fresh and Healthy - Edit

I had a large delicious salad with lots of fresh greens and a veggie wrap. I was completely satisfied with the taste and quality for a very reasonable price.

Pros: High quality fresh food, Good price

Cons: There is a bit of a line at peak times

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dean and David - Willy-Brandt-Platz closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1110 times since May 2013.