Dean & David

+49-308873773

Karl-Liebknecht Str. 7, Berlin, Germany, 10178

Serves meat, vegan options available. German chain of restaurants with emphasis on fresh and simple food. Offers cold-pressed juices, salads, soups, smoothies, sandwiches. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:30pm, Sun 12:30pm-7:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Kwan Yin

Nice salads - Edit

Has a really nice and big vegan superfood salad here on a day where it seemed like I had no other choice and can't complain, dressing was really nice too. They clearly marked everything as vegan and vegetarian.

Pros: Tasty, Locations

Cons: Well, they serve meat

Great fast food - Edit

This place was a great stop for me to grab a smoothie or a juice. I never stuck around for the restaurant food, but as far as stopping in for 10 minutes for a pick-me-up I thought their vegan selection was life-saving! Very healthy too.

Pros: quick, healthy

Great little lunchtime spot - Edit

I had the vegan salad which was lovely and served in a big bowl! There is a choice of vegan wraps and grilled sandwiches, aswell as the salad and vegan curry. Really great, central spot for lunch time where me and my boyfriend (who eats meat) could both enjoy some food. Also the smoothies were lush! Nom nom!

Not a bad stop off - Edit

I noticed this Berlin chain this whilst sightseeing near the Berliner Fernsehturm and having been to one in Munich decided to pop in for some refreshments. On offer they provide a number of vegan options such as sandwiches, paninis, wraps, soup and a curry, all of which are clearly labelled on the menu board but we just got two cold pressed juices, which were nice and refreshing. Obviously it serves meat and is not somewhere I would specifically recommend for vegan food but the location is good if you're passing by and want a quick bite to eat or coffee. However, there are a number of fantastic vegan cafes that are so much better.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-29

Pros: Location, Vegan options, Outside seating

Cons: Serves meat, Few more vegan options would be nice

Disappointing - definitely no place to go. - Edit

I know Dean&David in Mannheim, Berlin, and in Bern.
At all three places, there's only one vegan sandwich, if I remember correctly, and has been the same for a long time, among many sandwiches with meat and cheese.
The same applies to the sweets - some are vegan, the majority (or so) isn't. Nothing is really inspired or delicious.

The few vegan options are boring, and instead of tasty, the sandwiches are just very hot. Do the cooks at Dean&David still think that vegan means no taste at all, and therefore make things too hot for most people (especially children) to eat?

The staff at both places I know is mostly unfriendly and seems to speak and understand German only very poorly.

As I understood the conception of Happy Cow, restaurants which offer vegan options, besides offering meat, fish or dairy options, are generally only to be listed in places which do not have many vegan options.

But Mannheim, Berlin and even Bern do have a lot of vegan and/or vegetarian options.

So, what does Dean&David do here in this list? Or do we list any restaurant which offers vegan green salad or vegetable side dishes here at Happy Cow?

I'd vote for: Remove!

Pros: A few vegan options, both sandwiches and sweets.

Cons: Pricy - or precisely: too pricy., Unfriendly staff, Much more meat and dairy products than vegan optio

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dean & David closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.