First Review by vgXhc

Absolutely wonderful - Edit

This is a great restaurant. The food (vegan and non-vegan) was wonderful and the server we had was very good. The only negative things are that the resaurant had candles lit and someone I came with found it to be strong. Also they have a vegetarian section in their menu but most of their food is vegan/able to be made vegan! Just ask, and basically everything is available for vegans

Pros: Great food, Great service, Wonderful decor

Cons: Had a few too many candles

Flavourful and Vegan Friendly - Edit

I always loved coming to Desiam in my pre-vegan days, and I still loving going there now, as a vegan! They have a vegetarian menu and they are very accommodating when it comes to vegan cuisine. They don't use fish sauce in the vegetarian items -- you can ask just in case -- and you can easily order their vegetable pad Thai without the eggs. I definitely recommend that, as well as their vegetable curries (the emerald curry delight is great, but spicy). Love their coconut sticky rice, and as for appetizers, the spring rolls and fried tofu are great options. Definitely a great place to go near to home (and near to the movies :))!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Very Friendly Staff, Delicious Food

Cons: Not Exclusively Vegetarian/Vegan, A Bit Salty/Fatty, But Not All Dishes

Good Thai food - no fish sauce - Edit

I got take-out at De Siam on my bike trip from Montreal to Toronto, I.e. I was really hungry. There were plenty of vegan options, and apparently (I asked, just to be sure) they're not using fish sauce in any of them. Massamam curry with tofu and veggies is what I had and it tasted great. The portion size was big but not huge. Prices are moderate. I'd definitely eat there again.

Pros: No fish sauce in vegetarian items, Good portion sizes, Tasty

Cons: Not super-cheap (but not expensive either)

Return to Whitby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Siam Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1495 times since Jun 2011.