De Preuverie

+32-11201411

Paardsdemerstraat 21, Hasselt, Belgium, 3500

Serves meat, vegan options available. Slow cooking concept restaurant in the center of the city. The vegetarian menu is a strong focus. If you don't know what to choose, go for the surprise vegetarian menu. During summer, look for the barbecue nights, with a vegetarian menu as well. Small and cozy. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Thu 6:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 6:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Belgian, Non-veg

First Review by FlorreB

Very good - Edit

Very good restaurant with some vegan options. But the portions are a bit too small.

Pros: Much choice, Vergetarian menu

Cons: Portions are a bit too small

My favorite place in Hasselt - Edit

De Preuverie is my favourite restaurant in Hasselt. They have a classic cuisine, but with interesting vegetarian dishes. So many to choose from, I invariably get choice stress. My go-to option are the veggie croquettes: a fried patty with seasonal vegetable filling. You always get 3 different ones. Often I also just go for the suprise veggie menu, which has never dissapointed me. I trust this chef to always make me something delicious.

The fact that they also serve meat, makes it a great place to take family and co-workers, who otherwise might not want to join you on a vegetarian dinner. If you have strong ethical objections to meat though, this might not be the best place for you.

If you are in Hasselt in the summer, try their vegetarian BBQ on Wednesdays. Do make a reservation for that though, as Peter will be preparing something especially for you.

The also do catering for the holidays.

Pros: so much choice, surprise menu, veggie croquettes

Cons: not a good place if you are a strict ethical vegan

Great food, friendly staff - Edit

I've been going quite often to De Preuverie, and they never let me down. Also for take out, they provide great service. It's quite small (cozy, not too small), and the staff is very friendly. They use daily products, and make suggestion to fit the meal to your personal expectations as a vegetarian. If you go on Thursday's they have a discout vegetarian menu (Veggie Thursday).

Return to Hasselt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Preuverie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.