De Parel van Flores

Voldersgracht 31, Delft, Netherlands, 2611EV

Serves meat, vegan options available. Authentic Indonesian eatery in the city center close to the New Church. Has many vegetarian and some vegan options that have no fish or shrimp paste. Open Tue-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by Gudrun

Typical Indonesian - Edit

Small restaurant with a nice atmosphere. It took a little while before we get our food, but it was worth it. The cook came to our table to apologize for the long wait and have a little chat. She was just like my Indonesian grandma. So is the sphere in the restaurant. Cozy, warm, laid-back.
The food was really nice and delicious! There are plenty of vegan options and they know really good what to veganize.

When I ordered the cocoscake, which is made with only vegan ingredients, they came back to tell the cake is baked in a buttered tin. So they really want to take into your whishes.

Pros: Plenty vegan options, delicious Indonesian food, n

Cons: It took awhile before the food was served. Spicy f

Cosy place, most delicious food - Edit

I've been there once and ate at an event which had food by this restaurant delivered twice.

I remember this rather small restaurant to have a really charming and cosy atmosphere that kept us inside for quite a long while.

The owner was very friendly and informative about the food.

I don't remember exactly what I ate when I was at the place, but my friends had some kind of mixed plate with various dishes in small portions from which I tried the vegan ones and they were so delicious that I ordered some of them for myself. From the delivered food most notably the tempeh was fantastic.

Apparantly the hot dishes can be really spicy, so if you are sensitive with that, you might want to ask them about that.

Pros: really excellent food, comfortable atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: serves meat

Delft: Delicious Indonesian veggie food - Edit

Among the non-veg / non-organic restaurants, the "Parel van Flores" - "Pearl Of Flores" - is my favorite. It is a small, family-run eatery in the city center of Delft with a cozy, a bit old-fashioned atmosphere.

This is the first Indonesian restaurant in The Netherlands I found where "vegetarian" means really "vegetarian", i.e., there is no terasi / trassi (shrimp paste), no Krupuk / kerupuk (shrimp chips) or fish sauce used as (hidden) ingredient for the "vegetarian" dishes. The "Parel" does not use dairy, but they do use egg.

Try the urap (cooked vegetables with spiced grated coconut, which is a vegan dish by default), or if you are up to trying several different small dishes, try one of the "rice table" style ones: Nasi Rames Vegé, Lontong vegé, Nasi Kuning Vegé, Vegetarische Rijsttafel (for vegans, they happily replace the dishes with egg involved, just ask).

The owner is happy to tell about traditional Indonesian eating habits (quotation: "Please don't mash it all on your plate as the Dutch do").

If you are into coffee, ask for traditional Indonesian coffee with fresh ginger, but ask for "instruction" for it as well ;-) .

Pros: delicious food, great variety for veg*ans, friendly staff

Cons: not organic, serves also meat

Return to Delft Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Parel van Flores closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2071 times.