De La Vega

• Veg-friendly
Contact 386-734-4444

128 N Woodland Blvd (at downtown Deland), Deland, Florida, USA, 32720

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a vegetarian menu and will substitute other menu items for vegetarian upon request. No animal products in any of the side dishes. Drink specials. Relaxing atmosphere, art on the walls. Previously named Penachos Mexican Grill. Closed Mon.

Category: Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by entshah

Real Mexican Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans - Edit

The restaurant has more than 20 items for vegetarians and has a vegetarian/vegan menu. I eat here twice a month because the food is outstanding, not Tex-Mex. The Chef, Nora is a saucier. For example, their mole sauce is outstanding. Favorites include Bandarillas which are roasted vegetables, straight up on a skewer, Nopales (cactus), vegan tacos, Enchilada combo - four enchiladas with different sauces, can be made vegan. They also have three soups all are vegetarian and can be vegan. Would give them five stars if I could. Trip advisor does.

Pros: Wide variety of options for vegetarians, Vegans will be very very happy, Moderately priced

Cons: Not cheap if you order appetizers, They serve meat

Love the Vegan Menu! - Edit

They have a separate vegan menu so ask for it if you desire. love Mole sauce and haven't had it in a long time. I was a little hesitant to try the plantains with mole. I told our server I wanted avocado and the mole sauce so she suggested they make enchiladas one with zucchini and guac and the other with plantains and mole. I could have eaten an entire dish of the plantains and mole. Because of the density the plantains made it seem like it was cheese, sweet and dense with mole sauce on top - YUM!!!

They also had happy hour while we were there - BOGO sangrias! They were pretty good but for $3.50 each, they were great! They also have wine margaritas.

I wasn't a fan of their guacamole....unless it was just a avocado sauce but she called it guac. It was too much like a creamy dip...I like to see my avocado so it doesn't just look like green dip. It was just OK.

I will def be back and eating a bowl of mole!

We also got a bowl of vegan plantain soup to go and it was good, not at all what I expected.

Pros: Great Mole Sauce!!, Vegan Menu!, Accomodating and Friendly staff

Return to Deland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De La Vega closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1741 times since Sep 2009.