De Kluis

Contact 077-3744902

Klaasstraat 23b, Venlo, Netherlands, 5911JN

Serves meat, vegan options available. On the menu is one "vegetarian plate of the day" which can be requested vegan. English is spoken, and atmosphere is calm. In Venlo's old town, not accessible by car. Open Wed-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, European, Non-veg

First Review by Ricardo

Delicious! - Edit

I just moved to Venlo a few weeks ago, and I want to go out as a vegan. On HappyCow, this was the only place what was veg-friendly, so I called them en made a reservation. The place is nice, it's in town, on the second floor of an old building with a balcony. There was just one main vegan plate, and a soup and a salad for me. So I took the soup and the main. They were both delicious! One problem was that I didn't knew what I've got for the main, until it was served. It was a great meal though.

Pros: Delicious, Great place, No typical salad

Cons: One main dish, It is a surprise what you'll get

Only one vegan plate; but reliable - Edit

Venlo it's a small town, which means it's hard to find a restaurant where you can have vegan food.

By searching online I found that De Kluis offered a "vegetarian plate of the day" in the regular menu; so I tried my luck asking if they could actually make it vegan.
It turns out that the staff (and the chef) had a good understanding of what vegan means, so ever since, whenever I have to dine in Venlo, I would go to De Kluis.

The plate changes according to what they have available on that day, so the food is not necessarily always the same, and it's usually a bit on the creative side (not just a salad with steamed vegetables).
On the other hand, because they prepare the dish only after you have made your order, it takes quite some time until it's ready (20 minutes approx.).

Of course, I would appreciate it if they would explicitly provide vegan options; but since I haven't been able to find a better place in this town, it's my first and only choice for a safe (and not boring by the way) vegan dish.

Pros: vegan options, creative food, friendly staff

Cons: just one vegan plate, food takes some time

Return to Venlo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Kluis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 326 times since May 2016.