De Kas

• Veg-friendly
Contact 020-4624562

Kamerlingh Onneslaan 3 (at corner of Middenweg, in Frankendael Park), Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1097 DE

Serves meat, vegan options available. De Kas means greenhouse in Dutch. Most food is grown on site in the greenhouse or on parter farms that are organic and/or environmentally friendly. Will cater to special diets upon request. Reservations recommended.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Gourmet, Non-veg

First Review by 57cindy

Simply amazing. - Edit

I went to De Kas for my sister's birthday dinner, a very special place to eat as it is 50 euros per person to receive the 3 course meal. As we are both vegan we requested a vegan 3 course dinner and that was absolutely no problem! The service was amazing, and the views of Frankendael Park and the restaurant were stunning. Each and every meal was a work of art and tasted like heaven on a plate, getting better with each bite. The chef was so creative with each meal, telling us that vegetables were really the basis of the meal, unlike in many other restaurants where meat is the basis. The whole experience was unlike any other so if you get the chance you must go!

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful restaurant, Friendly staff

Excellent fresh food - Edit

We really enjoyed our lovely, fresh and tasty vegan lunch at de kas. We had made a reservation in advance, asking for vegan food which was absolutely no problem. The 3 course lunch contained mainly fresh veggies which were cooked in a very creative and delicious way. We also appreciated the friendly staff and the great looking venue

Pros: excellent food, great atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: high prices (but ok for the good quality

so fresh! - Edit

everything is local and fresh. They have a set menu based on what's available in their on-site green house. Nothing vegan on the menu but they were more than happy to make something vegan for me :)

Upmarket dining for vegetarians too - Edit

I had dinner here in spring '08 on a special occasion and was well-catered for as a vegetarian. The waitstaff was extremely professional and took the time to solicit my preferences and explain my courses to me, while my companions happily ate non-veg fare. One course with white beans and a poached egg was very good. Another one with beets and a creamy cheese was delicious as well. I also recall fresh, springy lettuces from their on-premise gardens. Very nice atmosphere; like eating in a greenhouse.

Pros: Upmarket dining w/o contempt for veggies, Lovely park location

Fantastic! - Edit

With an emphasis on local, seasonal and organic ingredients De Kas is what all other restaurants should be measured by. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Be sure to arrive early so that you can view the beautiful grounds.

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan Friendly, Knowledgeable staff

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Kas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2142 times since Aug 2007.