De Ceuvel

0202296210

Korte Papaverweg 4, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1032KB

Vegetarian cafe and community centre within a sustainable development project which sells recycled and sustainable gift items. Serves lunch, snack, and dinner. Its updated menu marks the vegan dishes. Complimentary sparkling tap water. Hosts live music sometimes. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by Eva*

Great place, limited vegan options - Edit

De Ceuvel is a special spot in a place of Amsterdam Noord known for being a hub for creativity and (social) entrepreneurship. The atmosphere inside is cosy and welcoming. Only downside is the limited number of vegan options on the menu. We had a Dutch Weed Burger (that you can find in many spots around the city) and a hummus sandwich. Both were good.

Pros: Atmosphere, Decent food

Cons: Limited vegan options

Nice place - Edit

When De Ceuvel opened I was told that there'd be vegan options, but when we went there for the first time for dinner there weren't and they offered me a larger portion of the starter salad "without the dressing, the cheese", etc. for the price of a main course. So we left ;-) More recently we called before if there was a vegan option, there was, I made a reservation, and upon arriving there was no reservation for me but fortunately plenty tables. The waiter however told me that there were no vegan options that night, even though I called beforehand. After talking to other staff members it was actually possible (and not even hard, they just didn't have to put cheese on the main course) so this time we stayed and it was good, but you just never really know what to expect here. From a vegetarian place, you'd expect they know what vegan means.

Pros: Local beers =), Great initiative, Great atmosphere

Cons: Not always vegan options, Staff nice but uninformed about food

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has De Ceuvel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.