de Artisjok

+31-302317494

Nieuwegracht 33 (at Hamburgerstraat), Utrecht, Netherlands, 3512 LD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fine dining restaurant offering inventive cuisine - ask what the kitchen could make for vegetarians and vegans. A 3-course menu costs around €33. Also a la carte menu. Elegant interior. 15-minute walk from the Central Station, around the corner of Hamburgerstraat-Nieuwe Gracht. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Dutch, Non-veg

First Review by nielswied

Very disapointing - Edit

Called in advance if a vegan menu was possible. It was, so we booked a table. They even complimented us on calling, because ' the chef could buy some extra groceries'.

When we were there we were told we did not have to look at the menu, because there was a special made vegan menu for us. Expectations were high, seeing this is noted as a fine dining restaurant!

When served the starter (filled artichoke) we were told that they normaly filled it with a salad made of potatoes, but they left it out for us because it contained animal products. A bit weird, but it tasted nice, so not a big problem.

When served the main dish we were very disappointed. dry potato mash (because they left out the milk) and some greens and a bit of other vegetables. When we looked at what other people in the restaurant got, we figured we were served the meat dish, without the meat. Seeing that we were told that the chef would do some extra groceries we almost could not believe it.

The dessert was some sorbet icecream. So the whole menu was not fine-dining at all.

We payed 80 euros for 2 three-course menus, two glasses of wine and coffee. I sincerely hope we had a big case of bad luck, and our call upfront did not reach the chef. Otherwise I strongly suggest not eating here.

One other point of attention: when we were given the bill, the waiter put it on the table, looked at my girlfriend, and gave the bill to me. Not very emancipated, I would say..

Pros: Nice location

Cons: Not really a vegan menu, Expensive for what you get

Very fine indeed - Edit

My wife and I, old couple, visited this restaurant and were really satisfied. Vegetarian, vegan, no problem. Creative end well prepared 3 course surprise menu for € 32.50 is a good deal. Bio ingredients of high quality, good choice of wine. In brief: liked it, recommend it.

Pros: creative cooking, good ingredients, nice staff

Return to Utrecht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has de Artisjok closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.