Zi Yuay Tsian Shir - Day Moon Zen Food

Contact 06-2137663

68, Nan Ning St (at Zhongxi District), Tainan, Taiwan, 70051

日月禪食 - English translates to Sun Moon Zen Food. Typical yet concise vegetarian Taiwanese restaurant menu. Many items are vegan suitable. Menu in Chinese only. Simple nice decor with white tablecloth tables. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Taiwanese

First Review by sweets stag

Delicious Food, Cute Restaurant - Edit

I have eaten here twice, and both experiences were excellent. The restaurant serves vegetarian versions of several taiwanese traditional dishes, including noodle bowls.

During my visits, I tried the sesame oil hotpot, pea greens, purple rice, 2 noodle bowl combinations, and their sweet red bean dessert. Every single bite was delicious. My favorite was the pumpkin noodle bowl.

The owners seem very excited about their food, and explained to my (Taiwanese) friend all of the special things they do to prepare it.

Note that the menu is in Mandarin, and the owners do not speak much English.

The atmosphere is quaint; warm and calming. Service was fast and attentive. The cost was slightly higher than what one would pay for similar street-side (non-vegetarian) fare, however I would say it is well worth the cost.

I was impressed with this restaurant and can't wait to return!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Mandarin Only Menu

Return to Tainan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zi Yuay Tsian Shir - Day Moon Zen Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 920 times since Nov 2013.