Date & Thyme - Help Yourself

Contact 305-296-7766

829 Fleming St, Key West, Florida, USA, 33040

Serves meat, vegan options available. Veggie friendly cafe, juice bar, and market Help Yourself rebranded (same owner). Offers veg choices in breakfast, wraps, bowls, salads, beverages, grab-n-go. Beverages include fresh juices, smoothies, wheat grass shots, and herbal tea. Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Lisa

I usually pack my own food when traveling to make sure that I can eat well, but Date & Thyme makes that unnecessary for me to do when in Key West. If I lived there, this would be THE PLACE for me to shop for all of my needs! They have it all, and a very friendly and accommodating staff as well. A cafe with great nourishing choices, a little store but BIG on variety of all sorts of things.. Organic fresh Produce, fresh juices, and snacks, gourmet Vegan cheeses, Raw Foods, Protein Powders, they have done a great job of including many necessary staples into a small place. Being on an island has not stopped them from offering many great things. A nice outdoor courtyard in which to enjoy your meal with the Roosters as well! This is the BEST and HEALTHIEST place to eat in all of Key West.

Pros: Great Variety of many staples

Best Go-To! - Edit

I just stayed in KW and went every morning for coffee and breakfast. Decent prices. Extensive menu clearly labels everything vegan or gluten-free. Coffee is great. Also EXCELLENT outdoor seating, very comfortable. Staff very friendly recommended several other restaurants for dietary restrictions on the island. Store is great, a lot of specialty items, refrigerated and essentials. Makes their own coconut milk.

Pros: GREAT outdoor seating, Friendly Staff, Excellent Coffee

Yummy vegan lunch - Edit

Very friendly staff and food is good. I tried the hummus wrap and the Indian Summer Salad. Both good, but the salad was superb.

Pros: many vegan items, all well marked, food is delicious

Cons: only open 8 am to 4 pm

great food, friendly place - Edit

Stopped there few minuted before closing and still was able to get some food and eat. Nice seating outside. Food was delicious. Lots of vegan options. Please recently changed decor/menu and name. little store inside for food and snacks.

Warm and friendly service, lots of Vegan options. - Edit

Great service and friendly atmosphere. A few dishes with tuna, eggs and cheese, otherwise about 80% of menu is Vegan. Right next door to where I was staying at NYAH hostel. Limited options here in Key West so this was a welcome find!
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 26, 2015

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, All ethically sourced and organic

Cons: Above average prices, Cafe section closes at 4pm

Super! - Edit

We bought snacks from the market and then lunch here in preparation for the 4-hour ferry trip to Fort Myers Beach. Lunch special was a vegan Indian plate - very good. We also liked that everything was very clearly labelled: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.

Pros: Market, lots of choice, friendly

Great vegan breakfast option! - Edit

We enjoyed this place on our short stay in key west. It's hard to find good vegan breakfast options. They serve their entire menu all day long so you have access to breakfast and lunch options throughout the day. I had the bagel with cashew cream cheese, avocado, tomato and sprouts and it was delicious! They also have gluten free options (I added the gluten free sriracha!) I also got a side of their homeamade coconut yogurt and a macchiato. They have several vegan milk options: soy, almond, and coconut! Cute place with delicious food!

Pros: nice vibe, friendly staff, great food

Cons: price

Good place to stop by - Edit

Food is good. Had the oatmeal, very filling. Lots of stuff to buy in the market from chocolate to ready made meals. The food served looked good and the smoothies were funky. I had the greens and it tasted great. Staff nice enough.

Pros: original stuff to buy, tasty food

Cons: little room to sit and it's outside

fantastic place - Edit

My husband and I are both vegan and recently traveled to Key West to run the Half Marathon that was just held in January. So we were looking for a good food place to eat that was healthy. This cafe was excellent place to eat for lunch. I had a great smoothie with a wrap loaded with very flavorful veggies and pesto. There were quite a bit of options for us. The store was very quaint and had everything that one would need. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. Very unique place where seating is only outside. I would recommend this to anyone who visits there.

Pros: great menu, excellent smoothies and juices, friendly staff

Cons: no seating inside

yogurt parfait and PB and J bagel - Edit

Coconut yogurt parfait was great! Lots of fresh fruit and home-made granola. PB was really great on the warm bagel. Runny and delicious! We have been twice and will def go back!

Pros: organic, nondairy choices

Favorite place in Key West - Edit

I loved this place so much that I went there twice in one day! I had the vegan French toast for breakfast and it was probably the best French toast of my life. The bagel with cashew cheese and tomato and avocado was also very good. We returned later for a frozen coffee smoothie and fruit smoothie (both made with organic ingredients). This place is just superb. Everything is environmentally friendly and recyclable. They even make their own coconut milk. We are outside around their plant gardens- beautiful and cozy! This place is casual, quaint, and the real deal. Will be back!

fresh and delicious - Edit

We stopped in for lunch while visiting the island and were quite pleased. The food is organic, fresh and delicious. We got the purple jungle smoothie, TLT wrap and coconut curry with tempeh. Yum! We were told the menu is vegan by default unless there is chicken or fish specifically mentioned in the description. The seating is outside around produce planters. Nice green atmosphere that extends to their eco disposable utensils and recycling containers. There's a little store attached as well with produce, pantry and refrigerated items. Unfortunately, there is meat, dairy and eggs next to the vegan items. Overall, a good place to stop, but it would be nice if the green theme extended to being all vegan.

Pros: lots of vegan options, green and organic, nice staff

Cons: not all vegan

Felt full and healthy - Edit

We found this place for lunch and enjoyed the food. We both had the Super Spinach ( I also had the soup of the day - very filling) and it tasted very, very good. The staff is friendly and the seating was a bit awkward as we kind of sat around planters but nevertheless interesting for lunch. A good spot, try it out.

Pros: Great tasting food, Healthy food, Not too expensive

Excellent!! All around top notch place - Edit

The owner Charley is so kind and generous, the food is delish! It just smells healthy. Awesome tasting too! Highly recommend this place. I would give it 5 stars, but the system won't let me!

Pros: taste, generous, preparation

Cons: none

Tasty Healthy Food - Edit

My husband and I were here earlier this year when visiting Florida and lucky for us Help Yourself was there to save the day when we were hungry.

We both ordered the Coconut Curry and it was SO delicious. Their brown rice and quinoa are very good too. I liked how fresh everything was and it was not greasy.

We're into raw and weren't really thrilled by the raw menu since it's essentially the same dishes every restaurant offers and it's all nut based. So we always opt for fruits or vegetable based dishes instead of nut dishes.

If we every come back to Key West we'll be back.

Their strawberry lemonade was also very good.

I wish I could give 5 cows, but happy cow refuses to let you if a place is not all Vegetarian...

Why? All the food is vegetarian to start with!

Pros: healthy food, tasty and fresh

Cons: small, sit outside

This is THE Go-To Place in Key West - Edit

So I was skeptical when I saw that they served chicken, eggs and such other items that were not vegetarian, let alone vegan. That said, I've been here every single day since coming to Key West.

They use fresh, organic ingredients, delicious healthy flavor combinations, and nearly every item on the menu can be made-to-order for vegetarians and vegan.

Their Key West Coconut Curry Nourishing Bowl was lightly flavored and has a delicious, savory combination of coconut with curry and lime. I came back for the "Korean BBQ Chicken" but had them substitute Tempeh for the Chicken (all meat items can be substituted or left out). YUMMMM!!! So filling and well spiced but not too spicy. Delicious!

Their Chocolate Buzz Smoothie was really rich in cacao and not too heavy.

I have been here every day of my vacation so far and plan to hit it a few more times before going home. I wish we had one just like this back east.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian Options, Organic/Healthy foods, quick, friendly service

Cons: No indoor eating area

Hip Vibe - Edit

This place definitely had more going on than any of the shops off of Duval Street. The menu was exciting and it seems like the people who own it care to make a difference in food service - more of the outdoor linear space seemed dedicated to composting than consuming. The wrap I tried was alright, though the price seemed high. Everything does cost a little bit more in the Keys due to land values & transportation costs. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Fresh, Mission

Cons: Price?

Great food - Edit

I visited once for dinner during my Key West visit. vegan friendly, although NOT STRICTLY VEGETARIAN. Outdoor picnic table seating. I had a veg wrap that with some unusual veggies that was delicious.

Pros: Good food, Friendly, varied menu

Cons: Serves meat and fish

Just lovely! - Edit

Absolutely wonderful little place! There are a few tables outside to sit at, but I think it's mostly a take-out/delivery place. The staff is really friendly and helpful, especially if you're vegan. All the sauces are vegan and just about everything on the menu is vegan, except a few meat dishes. They have a farmer's market on Sundays too!

Breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!

Pros: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Friendly staff, Organic food

Cons: Not much seating

Return to Key West Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Date & Thyme - Help Yourself closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4933 times since Dec 2008.