First Review by JBC

Very good food, nice decor, poor service - Edit

Dasaprakash serves vegetarian south Indian food. The food is delicious, and they offer several combos that allow you try 3-5 different dishes at once. (The combos are not thali's - they're more what an American would think of as a combo.) The food is quite good - I've enjoyed almost everything I've eaten there. The decor is also quite nice. But the service is hit or miss, mostly miss. The last time I went I waited for 15 minutes after finishing my meal to get the check. There was literally no one in the dining room for that entire time. I finally walked back into the kitchen - the one guy who was supposed to be in the front of the house was playing chess with chef! Very frustrating.

There are scores, if not hundreds, of authentic Indian restaurants in the neighborhood, and I've gone back to this one a few times because the food is delicious and the combos give me interesting new options to try. But I don't go as often as I might because poor service really annoys me, and I don't trust them to offer good service.

Return to Santa Clara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dasaprakash closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1130 times since Aug 2007.