Daruma Ramen

Contact 512-369-3897

612-B E 6th St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78701

Serves meat, vegan options available. Simple, small space with long wooden shared tables and swivel chairs at a counter along one wall. The simple menu consists of 5 ramen entrees, of which 2 are vegan suitable (a few sides are, too). Take-out orders is possible for side dishes but not main entrees. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by rebeccaj

Vegan ramen! - Edit

As others mentioned, there are two vegan options here. The main thing I love about this place is that the ramen noodles are vegan (eggless tapioca noodles). I've been to other establishments where they have veggie broth, but they substitute rice noodles or udon for ramen noodles, which is a bit disappointing. It's a special treat to be able to get vegan ramen noodles in all their springy, texturally-awesome glory.

Pros: Vegan ramen

Great lunch option, cramped seating - Edit

I really enjoy this place, and it's a great place to have an intimate lunch with one or two coworkers. It's bench seating, so you're going to get up close with your neighbors. The menu is limited, but you'll get what you need. Vegans have 2 options, the miso and the vegetable, and both are awesome. I like to get the hot sauce, which is a little extra. Fantastic way to warm up on a chilly day downtown.

Pros: Hufe servings, Delicious slurpy noodles, 2 vegan soup options

Cons: Cramped seating, Can't come with a big group

Two vegan options - Edit

We had both of the vegan options there, and I definitely preferred the one with all the veggies. The broth is better and I loved all the veggies. The broth is great too! The other is really plain, and I don't even think it had veggies-- if it did, very few, mostly just noodles and tofu. Cute, little restaurant. It was fun to sit at the bar.

Definitely come in between meal time to get a seat. It is tiny and not too much seating. We went at 3pm, and it was full.

Pros: Hot and quick!

Cons: Small place-- fills up quickly!

warming ramen on a chilly day - Edit

I had the veggie miso. It came in a large bowl, beautifully presented with sprouts, fried tofu branded with the restaurant's logo, and other fancy stuff. It was delicious. Next time I'll try the other vegan option - it comes with more veggies.

There was a muted television on the wall; "Chicken Run" was playing, with subtitles. They get extra points from me for Nick Park.

Each entree cost $10.

Pros: location, hot soup served fast!, nice atmosphere, nice people

Cons: the panko mashed potatoes contain milk

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Daruma Ramen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 950 times since Mar 2015.