Darshan Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 065-243657

2 de Mayo 469, Iquitos, Peru,

Air-conditioned restaurant with 8 tables, in the center of Iquitos. Breakfast (7-10am) is a blender-juice drink with 10-15 different fruits. Lunch (12:45-3pm) is a set plate for a fixed price plus a daily fruit for dessert. During other time periods maybe open for snacks and juices. Feb 2017 reported now fully vegan. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Peruvian, Latin American

First Review by maynard7

Good energy, good food, healthy. - Edit

100% vegan place, 10 soles for a fixed menu, who change a bit everyday, always a soup, a little salad, and a main dish, a fruit as dessert, and a big glass of refresco. I really enjoyed the food, the food is without salt, but they give you salt on the side. I found the food tasty and healthy. We was going there few time with friends and always enjoyed the good energy of the owner Juan and the staff. You can also go for a free meditation practice the monday and fryday from 8pm to 9pm, I found it really interresting but we didn't had the time to try. I definitly recommend this restaurant. :)

Pros: 100% Vegan, Healthy, Tasty, Good price, Fixed menu

Cons: Conditioned air a little bit to cold at my taste.

Food good here - Edit

I went here a few years ago and the food seemed bland to me. My friend in Iquitos told me the food has gotten better so I gave it another try. The day I went, the meal of the day was spinach soup, and then the main plate with Locro de Zapallo, white rice and green lentils. The main plate was pretty good, but the soup was weak and had little flavor. They don't add a lot of salt to things, but they bring a little dish of salt to the table. They also give you some fruit for dessert. The day I went we could either have a banana or papaya.

As of December 2016, the meal of the day costs 10 soles (very reasonable). There's only one other veggie restaurant in town that I could find. I look forward to reading reviews from other travelers for this place. I would give them 4 cows for the overall good food on the day I went in December 2016, and the air-conditioned dining room was a pleasant surprise.

Updated from previous review on Monday January 02, 2012

Updated from previous review on 2016-04-25

Pros: Location, Overall good food and service, Price

Cons: Some items a bit bland

Pleasant - Edit

I have been to several lunches at Darshan. The menu is set for a price of 10 ten soles (very reasonable). The food was different on each occasion but vegans will need to ask about the food before agreeing to dine. A soup is served that is lightly spiced but pleasant and nutritious. A main course is accompanied by a small side salad and a glass of green tea. A piece of fruit is the final course. Music is played in the air conditioned atmosphere.

Pros: Nice food, Friendly staff, Good value

Cons: Limited choice of set menu

Return to Iquitos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Darshan Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.