Darrell's

902-492-2344

5576 Fenwick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 1P8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Salads, pita wraps, burgers, shakes and other American fare with several veggie choices marked on the menu. Vegans need to ask to omit dairy, etc. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by treehugger83

double check - Edit

I should start this by saying that I really like Darryl's. I ate there all the time as a vegetarian when I lived in Halifax before. Being back to visit a number of years later, and reading about thier vegan options, I decided to give it another try. According to Happy Cows website, asking for the veggie burger without cheese or dairy would make it vegan. I asked this to my server who was pretty sure it would be. It was very busy and instead of asking to double check with the kitchen I decided to go for it with a side salad and balsamic dressing. I have been getting ill since yesterday when I ate there. I really love Darryl's though and don't hold this against them. They have always had excellent service. I just think if you are vegan you should be more clear than I was to make for sure for sure there will not be any cross contamination or secret dairy ingredients in your food and avoid something like this happening to you!

Pros: great service, great staff, great atmosphere

Cons: i got sick

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Darrell's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.