Dao Palate - Flatbush

Contact 718-638-1995

329 Flatbush Ave (at Park Place), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11217

Pan Asian vegan cuisine in Brooklyn. Lots of mock meat as well as vegetable dishes. Nice ambiance All vegan except offering dairy for coffee. Affiliated with Wild Ginger restaurants. Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Pan Asian

First Review by captown

good food, slow service - Edit

The menu offers a huge variety of Asian cuisine from Indian to Chinese and Malaysian. That being said the food tasted great, but the service was very slow. It took a long time for a server to get to our table and take our order, and it felt very rushed and very slow at the same time.

Great food and service - Edit

This is really a vegan restaurant. No egg or dairy goes into any of the dishes. Apparently they keep a container of cow's milk around for those who demand it in coffee.
I've never had a bad meal here, and the luncheon special is a bargain, with lot of choices.
They're never crowded, and the room is beautifully decorated.
Delivery is always quick, with the juices wedged into the bag so they don't spill.
Just one customer service anecdote: a couple of Christmases back, I was looking for a meal, called them, but the phone didn't answer. So I moved on, but then my phone rang--using caller ID, they'd seen my number and returned the call.

Pros: Food, service, Value

Seriously, check this place out! - Edit

I have been to Dao Palate several times and have always left very impressed with the food and the ambiance. The food is very reasonably priced (roughly $10-$14 per entree) for the quality of the dishes and the quantity given. The menu is quite large and features a range of Asian cuisines. I would recommend trying the Jade Mushrooms and Orange Seitan.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dao Palate - Flatbush closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3453 times since Nov 2008.