DAO of Life

Contact 85570419423

Serendipity Beach Rd, Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 18000

Vega restaurant on the 2nd floor with ocean view. Offers a menu of soups, salads, daily specials. Uses nut based milks or fresh coconut milk in the drinks and ice cream. Kitchen closes 9:30pm. Est. 2014 originally on Ekareach St and moved here in 2016. Open Tue-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion

First Review by RenkeFlexanist

worth going - Edit

I found this place next to the pier (happy cow). I really had to go in and try their burger (6 $) and chocolate smoothie (2,50 $). Both was delicious and also the atmosphere in that place was awesome with its view over the ocean and relaxing music. The only problem is that it's not really in the budget of a backpacker. That's why I didn't try some other things that sounded worth coming back.

Pros: good (western) food, nice location, lovely staff/owner

Cons: expensive

Chilled space, great food. - Edit

Cheap, tasty food. A really cool place to sit back and relax. Play board games, read books, they have handmade jewellery for sale and a swap&shop space for clothes. Great staff.

Pros: Good vibe, Pancakes, Staff were lovely.

Must visit for all vegans visiting Sihanoukville - Edit

100% vegan place with top quality ingredients and great meals. sure, it's a little pricey (compared to local restaurants) but it's definitely worth it. you can get a decent meal for about 5 dollars. over my stay, i tried veggie mix with cashew nuts, veggie burger and some ice cream with chocolate chunks. everything was top-notch. the place has a great energy, some books for you to read, swap shop and very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros: Quality of food, Energy and design, Staff

Cant get enough - Edit

My wife and I went to Dao three times during our stay, and enjoyed everything we tried.
Some of the dishes we had included the raw chocolate cheesecake, chocolate chip peanut butter ice cream, inti bowl, stacked pancakes, cheesy Nachos, Cacao banana smoothie, beet carrot juice, and the Indian hummus which is served hot.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. They speak English well and are able to accommodate your dietary restrictions.

Pros: All vegan, tasty, plenty of options

Cons: food is slow to arrive

I would live in Sihanoukville just to Eat here ! - Edit

This vegan cafe is is really amazing when it comes to quality and taste.

I ate here 2 times, even though its a bit more expensive than other restaurants, and I prefer to save money and eat cheaply, but this cafe is special.

I had the Veggie Burger, The Spinach & Avocado Toast and the Inti Bowl - all absolutely fantastic

Only downside is its a bit more expensive than other places

Pros: Great Quality Food

Cons: a bit expensive

good food service pretty bad - Edit

was there 3 times!
food is so good but the staff unfortunately not at all..
Forgot the order of my friend completely, really slow, most of them can't speak a word english and often they are just standing around in the restaurant instead of taking care of the clients..
Hope that the service will improve..
But the food is really really delicious!!

Cons: staff

Amazing food cooked with love - Edit

We came here twice during our stay in Sihanoukville the food is so amazing! The staff are really friendly and professional, food may take a while but it's so worth it. The portions are huge, the peanut butter and banana chocolate chip ice cream is delicious and natural ingredients. Had the pancake stack on pancake day and was so happy I found pancakes I could eat! Lovely staff and lovely place :)

Brilliant vegan comfort food! - Edit

We were so pleased to find this place! I really wanted a veggie-burger by this point of my trip had an amazingly good (and huge) home-made burger with cashew cheese here. The bruschetta was also delicious. We ate sitting on the roof terrace - the place feels really welcoming and laid-back.

We chatted to the owner (who is from London) - there are all sorts of events here such as film nights - wish we had been able to stay for a bit longer so we could have gone to a few.

One of my favourite places to eat in Cambodia. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great vegan comfort food, Chilled welcoming place

outstanding place! - Edit

The reason we stayed in sihsnoukville was because of this restaurant :) as health conscious people it is hard to find places that are health conscious and I'm glad dao of life is.

The food is delicious!!! You can get dairy free sugar free ice cream here, and ton of interesting food with an awesome English speaking staff

Go try this place!!!

absolutely amazing - Edit

This cafe has the best hippy food I've had in Southeast Asia. The hummus, salads, coleslaw, homemade veggie pattie, and vegan ice cream were all amazing, and the owner was super nice and helpful. Delightful!

Inspiring!! - Edit

Absolutely beautiful food made with so much love and passion. Amazing roof top seating and the staff are so welcoming and selfless. Best food I've had on my travels through south east!!! Yewww!!

Return to Sihanoukville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has DAO of Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.