First Review by NDVegan

I think I got a bad batch - Edit

Look... I will try them again because I realise my experience was different to everyone else's.

My 6 pack of donuts was really dry and the jam ones had little jam. Also, the flavoured one only had a sprinkling of flavour on the outside and no filling. But everyone else who's tried them said they were delicious and my sister has been multiple times and said they've improved.

I also saw they've added a cream-filled vegan donut.

Thus, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If yours sucked, too, maybe that was also one of those rare mis-haps?

Pros: Quite cheap, On the south side of Melbourne, Apparently they're nice, according to others

Cons: Mine weren't great, Mine were dry, Mine were a bit bland

great - Edit

they have clearly labeled vegan flavours, there's 5 all together and yes I tried all of them and I also tried a vegan curry pie. The pie was out of this world amazing the donuts were great but nothing spectacular.

Pros: vegan labels., always open.

Cons: may be a fad that's short lived., won't stay as fresh if they become less popular do

Donuts mmmm! - Edit

These are the best vegan donuts I have tried in Melbourne. They were delicious, fresh and soft. I had the Oreo and the original glaze. The donuts are $3 each or a box of 6 for $15.
The vegan selection they have is: cinnamon, jam, original glaze, oreo glaze and peanut butter and jelly, which I was keen to try but they didn't have when I was there.

I also bought the vegan curry pie and the pastie. I think these 2 could be improved and were not worth $6 each. I think they should both be priced at $4.50. The pie filling could be more firm and have more flavour. But it's still a great quick meal to have on the run.

This place is just across from Vegie Bowl Springvale which works well for us vegans.

Pros: Fresh, tasty donuts, 6 for $15

Cons: Pies & Pasties could be cheaper, Pies & Pasties could taste better, Could have more vegan pie & donut varieties

Return to Springvale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Daniel's Donuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.