CLOSED: Dangerously Delicious Pies - I St

( 1 review )

202-450-1292

675 I St NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, USA, 20001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pie restaurant with a few outlets. Makes sweet and savory pie sold by the slice. Always at least 1 vegan savory pie like tofu curry or ratatouille, and at least 1 vegan sweet pies like mixed berry. Savory pie slice come with salad on the side. Whole pies can be ordered with two-day notice. Limited seating. Confirmed closed, Nov 2017.

Categories: Lacto, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by DCVegan2017

Vegan Savory pies with side salad--always excellent! - Edit

The vegan savory pies at Dangerously Delicious Pies are always amazing! Yellow curry tofu and ratatouille are the two vegan savory pie offerings, and I can never decide which one is my favorite. These slices are about $8.25 and come with a side salad. (Even the pie crust is good!)

Dangerously Delicious Pies makes such great vegan sweet pies that non-vegans will stand in line for them. The blueberry and mixed berry pies are said to be the best, but cherry and other flavors are also offered.

Vegetarians will find great choices in quiches, savory, and sweet pies. The pecan and apple pies are both big sellers, as is the Baltimore Bomb, a very sweet cookie pie. I brought a pecan pie to a holiday event and it was the best pecan pie anyone had ever tasted. It will now be part of our holiday traditions.

The manager at the Chinatown location is always friendly and helpful when customers need help making a decision. Most people do take-out as seating is very limited, most at the window counter or one table across from where people order.

This location is only open on weekdays, and it gets busy at lunch time and late at night. Pies can be ordered with two-day notice.

This is one of my favorite places to grab a bite. I call ahead to find out what the vegan offerings are and am never disappointed. The pies are freshly made and delicious every time!

It is amazing that I was across the country looking for vegan savory pies, even Victoria, B.C., Where I lived turned out to have the best vegan savory pies anywhere. Dangerously Delicious Pies has won awards every year--with good reasons. The offerings are that good!

Pros: Vegan savory pies are amazingly good!, All the savory pie slices come with side salad., The vegan sweet pies are said to be incredible!

Cons: This location is not open on weekends., Many of the offerings are not vegan, like quiche., Seating is very limited for those who need seats.

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dangerously Delicious Pies - I St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.