Dangerous Kitchen

Contact 0-3-525-8686

46A Commercial St, Takaka, New Zealand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a wide breakfast selection including fair trade coffee, organic breads, in-house-made fresh cabinet food, salads and brick oven gourmet pizzas. Has some vegan items. Committed to using organic produce whenever possible. Also offers in-house-made baked bread slices and wheat/gluten free and dairy-free cakes. Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, International, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by clairemcrae

Funky cafe with good food - Edit

I liked the vibe of this cafe, as it had a focus on organic food, the wall art was cool and was the place was popular but laid-back.

Their selection of vegan options really impressed me. You can order full vegan cooked breakfasts (hash browns, mushroom, spinach, sauces etc.), smoothies, muesli, a falafel wrap, a pizza, and a few vegan baking/sweet treat options e.g. cake and slices. The menu made it clear which options were vegan, which could be made vegan on request, and also which were vegetarian or gluten free.

I got the vegan buckwheat pancakes with banana, blueberries, vanilla coconut yoghurt and maple syrup, which was delicious! My spirulina drink was okay (too much apple for my liking, but still nice).

The wait for our food (for three people) took quite a while. I guess they were busy but waiting half an hour for two cooked dishes and a salad was too long in my opinion.

However overall I really liked the place and would go back again if I am back in Takaka.

Pros: Good selection of vegan food, Clearly marked vegan/veganised options, Good atmosphere

Cons: Long wait for food, Waitress was rude to customers in front, A bit pricey

Return to Takaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dangerous Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 586 times since Feb 2013.