Dandelion Communitea Cafe

Contact 407-362-1864

618 N Thornton Ave (at downtown), Orlando, Florida, USA, 32803

Cafe and tea house. Serves all vegan food as of Jan 2017 and brings in baked goods from Sweet Tooth. The only non-vegan item is honey. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Mexican

First Review by lunabelle

So good! Must visit when in Orlando! - Edit

Located in a cute little house that has been transformed to a restaurant. Everything was so good, even the non-vegans loved it. The falafel lettuce wraps were amazing as well as the sweet potatoe burrito. They also have art for sale by local artists that was awesome! You can tell a lot of love goes into this food and restaurant.

Pros: Great vegan choices! Very cool atmosphere.

my kind of community - Edit

This place is great! I actually wasn't thrilled about having to go to Orlando to do the Universal Studios thing but I tried to make it pleasurable by finding a good place to eat and Dandelion Communitea Cafe was the perfect respite from the business of Orlando. It is a bit hidden but I enjoyed the hippy vibe and my wrap was great. Definitely support this establishment if you are in the area.

Pros: nice vibe, friendly staff, Outdoor seating option when it is too crowded

Feel good food - Edit

This house-turned restaurant is as cozy as it is welcoming and the food wraps you in a warm hug. If you're looking for a happy, healthy meal then you've come to the right place. The staff treats you like friends and will help you find exactly what you're looking for. The queso is out of this world and paired with the blue corn chips, oh man! I'd eat here everyday if I could! me and my wife had the chilli as an appetizer and for dinner we had the LTL and Chickpea of the Sea, all amazing!

Pros: all vegan, except they sell honey.

WISH I LIVED HERE - Edit

I was visiting family in Orlando and found this place online and LOVED IT. Everything on the menu looks great but I ordered the Hunny Mustard wrap and it was amazing. I've been obsessing over it since I got home, I will figure out how to make cashew encrusted tempeh... also the queso was the first I had since going dairy free in 2014 and delicious. I will be eating here every time I'm in Orlando.

Pros: delicious , affordable

Cons: busy with not a lot of seating , confusing on whether you self bus or not

Such a perfect place for people who care! - Edit

I love everything about this place. Especially the homemade direction sign that points the way to other local Vegan spots. My boyfriend is obsessed with the Buffalo 66. I can't stop thinking about the very large Vegan doughnut we both devoured. If only places like this could replace fast food chains.

Pros: Great location in Orlando.

Yummy Hipster - Edit

This place is very cute and tiny. I was expecting a much bigger place when I first went, but the outside seating makes up for it. Everyone is very nice here and they seem to be happy with their jobs. The food is delicious and the portions aren't bad. I went here with my mom and we expected to get really small portions, so we ordered a few things. The nachos were huge and delicious. Next time we go we know that the portions are more than enough for one person. We also got the Buffalo salad with vegan bleu cheese and man, was it amazing! Can't wait to go back and try more of their yummy food.

Pros: Excellent Food , Friendly Staff , Nice Vibe

Amazing!! - Edit

I have NOTHING bad to say about this place. I have been about 3 times before, only because I live 3.5 hours away. If I lived in Orlando, I would be here every week! Food is delicious, the tea is the BEST, and the atmosphere is super cool. Make sure you eat here if you are in the Orlando area - you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Cool atmosphere

Excellent Vegan Nachos! - Edit

Unique place with lots of character and great vegan food! The teas and desserts are not to be missed!
Don't leave without trying the nachos!!
My favorite sandwich is the Portabello.

Great food and fun atmosphere. - Edit

This is the cafe to hang out at, with your friends. There are events from art shows to full moon drum circles....you can sit inside or outside at tables or on a blanket in the garden. The employees here have always been friendly and cool. You will feel at home,like you belong immediately..... I like the BLT on sour dough ! The coffee is great but I ususally choose a nice minty tea. They also have a good beer selection. You can never go wrong here.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 27, 2015

Pros: Nice vibe, Friendly staff, Great teas and beer

Cons: Not for a full scale fancy dinner

sweet potato burrito - Edit

the sweet potato burrito was one of the best meals I have ever had. I loved it. I also had a iced sencha tea and it was very good.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 26, 2015

Cons: did get a little bit of attitude at the counter wh

Good tea, friendly fun environment - Edit

Unique set up with limited indoor seating. Great vegan options and good tea selection.

Pros: Good tea selection brewed correctly. , great vegan options

Cons: limited indoor seating, offers dairy options

Quinoa galore and the best hummus in Orlando!!! - Edit

Meals:I love their "Giddyup" which is only $5 on Mondays (order with Vegan Cheese). My next favorite is the Black bean Burrito - the guacamole in this burrito is soooo Good!
But the most important item they sell is the HUMMUS! It is so unbelievably good, I order the 16 oz Hummus for dinner parties and everyone loves it. I wish this 16oz hummus was on their online menu. Enjoy!
**Binus: This restaurant has an outdoor sitting area so you can visit with your Dog - Dog friendly :-)

Great hippy-vegetarian-cafe - Edit

My family and I all loved this place so much that we ate here twice in the two days that we spent in Orlando. Funky, cool atmosphere, incredible service, and delicious food!

Pros: Laid-back but clean, Great food, Great service

Contributions +394

A must try! - Edit

This place served awesome food. I really enjoyed the burrito I had.

Pros: lots of options , nice atmosphere

Seek it out. You will be glad you did:) - Edit

Another GOTTA LOVE IT restaurant. It is a very small unassuming gem of a restaurant. You will hyperventilate when you see all of the great choices. They have something for everyone. We ate there for lunch several times while visiting our daughter in Orlando. You can eat inside or out. We had a phenomenal Black Bean Burrito, beautiful fresh side salad with raisons, vegan chili with vegan cheddar and some Kombucha. Don't forget their wonderful desserts. I think we had a red velvet cupcake. Yum. Love it:)

Pros: Really fresh food, Great staff, Very tasty

Pleasant experience! - Edit

I've been a bit disappointed with veg restaurants lately, but this one represents the potential a vegetarian or vegan diet to actually taste good quite nicely!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 14, 2014

Pros: Good food, Atmosphere, Variety

Cons: Blue corn chips redundancy

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dandelion Communitea Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12014 times.