Dam Good Tacos

120 1/2 W Laurel St, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, 80424

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taco stand in the alley between College and Mason. The tacos suitable for vegans are the one with sweet potato puree, kale, sliced almonds, tofu; and a Thai tofu taco with peanut sauce (coconut milk base). A few vegetarian tacos as well. The Greek taco has hummus, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, and feta which could be substituted for tofu by request. Uses local veggies when available and cooks beans using water and sea salt (no lard). Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by DaveBell

emthenomad

Points +47

10 Jul 2020

5 stars if I could

Since I moved to foco, this place has been my go to and borderline obsession. The earth, wind and fire tacos are ridiculously addictive. They have a full vegetarian section that can be modified to vegan if asked, and Eric and the rest of the staff there make it such a welcoming place. Definitely a local business worth supporting!

Pros: Lots of vegan/vegetarian options, Creative, Reasonably priced

KaviMelo

Points +78

15 Oct 2019

So scrumptious!!

I always order the “earth, wind, and fire” tacos or burrito bowl (without the egg or cheese). It’s wonderfully flavorful, and the sliced almonds add great texture.

Pros: Several vegan options, Well-informed staff

lauren_grace

Points +192

15 Mar 2019

Okay tacos

I tried both of the vegan tacos and wasn’t really impressed. They were meh. I even ordered my husband tacos to go, and had them keep them in the kitchen under the warmer until I was ready to go. I ended up forgetting to grab them on my way out, and just decided to leave them there because I knew my husband wouldn’t like them. Too bad they don’t have a regular grilled veggie taco.

CB20

Points +16

10 Dec 2018

Get the beans and rice!

Both of the vegan taco options are great but my favorite by far was the beans and rice. Make sure to try them!

Pros: Delicious food, Relatively healthy, Fast service

Cons: Not much seating, Only tofu - no other vegan meat alternatives, Not the cleanest establishment

cwarrick1

Points +597

17 Oct 2016

great Tacos!!

The naming of the place is perfect!! They were Dam Good Tacos!! We enjoyed the Thai Tofu and earth wind & fire Tacos. I think the earth wind and fire was my favorite. You can also get them as a bowl. I think next time we will try that. The hibiscus tea, was very good, maybe a little in the sweet side. Staff was very helpful.

Pros: options, flavorful

Cons: parking, not a lot of seating

DaveBell

Points +32

28 Jun 2015

This place is great.

The have two tofu tacos that are super easy to Veganize and delicious. They make their own Hibiscus tea that is unapologetically awesome!

Return to Fort Collins Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dam Good Tacos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.